PDN to New Computer

So my windows 10 computer finally arrived (after a 2 week detour through either FedEx warehouses or one of my neighbors).

I am now "reinstalling the World" as is said. 

PDN is installed and a small donation monthly made.

VERY obvious that I have added loads of stuff to the copy I have on the Win 7 machine.

Is there an easy way to sync the two copies?

You could copy over your Shapes, Effects and FileTypes folders, but I recommend downloading new copies of all your favorite plugins.

This way, you only download the stuff you actually use.  Plus, you get any updates that have been posted since you originally installed those plugins.

For example, if you are a fan of my plugins, I just this week posted an update to my plugin pack with bug fixes and new effects you might miss if you copy across instead of download new.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, BoltBait said:

You could copy over your Shapes, Effects and FileTypes folders, but I recommend downloading new copies of all your favorite plugins.

This way, you only download the stuff you actually use.  Plus, you get any updates that have been posted since you originally installed those plugins.

For example, if you are a fan of my plugins, I just this week posted an update to my plugin pack with bug fixes and new effects you might miss if you copy across instead of download new.

BoltBait, oh, I am definitely a fan of your plug-ins. In fact, I forgot I had donated to support them, and tried to donate a second time!

Yes, probably best to sort through, and see what I am actually using. While I try to figure out why OneNote won't log in so I can sync all my notes between phone, tablet and computer. An opportunity to see exactly what I need to tell Barn Hunters they need to install.

I was just hoping there was an easier way. Reinstalling the world when you get a new computer is not entertaining.