Corrupted plugins?

So I was installing some plugins, I got the BoltBait pack, and that worked fine I got the pyrochild plugins, and had a few issues, but solved them. Then, I installed Simon B's plugin pack, I put them in the effects folder, and they didn't show up. So I ran the plugin problems detector, and here's what came up. I don't know what to do.

1.PNG

thing 1.PNG

Welcome to the forum @S4M31 :)

1.  Are you using the store version of Paint.net or the Classic version? 

2.  Which version of Paint.net are you using?

With Simon's Plugin pack, in particular the AnimGIF goes into the File Types Folder and not the effects.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, S4M31 said:

So I ran the plugin problems detector,

Is this detector from Paint.net? 

If not please go to the Cog wheel, top right hand side of the PDN canvas, and click on Plugins and see what comes up.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@S4M31, please use the 'Plugin Errors' that is built into Paint.NET. It looks like this:

SettingsPluginErrors.png

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/SettingsDialog.html#7

58 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

What is this?

The 'Detect plugin problems' is a very old utility from Simon Brown. He made in back in the days of Paint.NET v3.x.

It doesn't work properly anymore, and gives nothing but false positives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

The 'Detect plugin problems' is a very old utility from Simon Brown. He made in back in the days of Paint.NET v3.x.

It doesn't work properly anymore, and gives nothing but false positives.

Oh, whoops. It said on the installation guide site to run that program if the plugins aren't working. Nothing comes up in the plugins error section of paint.net. But, I still don't see the plugins that I installed.

19 minutes ago, S4M31 said:

It said on the installation guide site to run that program

Where did you download the Plugins from?  If not directly from this PDN forum, then this may be why they are not working properly.

30b8T8B.gif

57 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Where did you download the Plugins from?  If not directly from this PDN forum, then this may be why they are not working properly.

I assume that the OP downloaded them from Simon's website, https://www.isimonbrown.co.uk/plugin-pack/.

The plugin pack download page suggests that users to try the 'Detect plugin problems' utility if the plugins do not work.

• Like 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

16 minutes ago, null54 said:

The plugin pack download page suggests that users to try the 'Detect plugin problems' utility if the plugins do not work.

Thank you for pointing this out @null54  :)  it might be a good idea to warn people in @Simon Brown's thread to avoid using that particular utility.

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, S4M31 said:

But, I still don't see the plugins that I installed.

Do you mean when you look for them whilst Paint.net is open? 

Or, you can't see them in the Paint.net folder, which is found via:

This PC > OS (C:) > Program Files > paint.net > Effects

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

5 minutes ago, S4M31 said:

The files are in the effects folder, just not showing up in paint.net.

You do know that the effects are found in the sub-menus?

30b8T8B.gif

2 minutes ago, S4M31 said:

@PixeyYes, I know that the effects are in the sub-menus, and I see all the plugins that I installed, except the Simon B plugins.

Okay - great.  Can you see, in your Effects  Flder the SBCommon.dll ?

30b8T8B.gif

Update: Thanks so much for the help! I found that some of the files that should be included are missing, so I reinstalled for the third time, deleted all of the old Simon B's effects, and then put in the new ones. Now they work I guess!? It's funny, because I already did this twice and they still didn't work, but 3rd time's a charm I guess.

• Like 1