Remove Selected (Row/Column) + Join/Splice Together

I currently use ScreenShot Capture to do this, it has two options:

1. Splice out strip defined by selection
  2. Splice out strip defined by selection - Deluxe effects

I have attached a deluxe effects version, the other would be seamless.  Basically it chops out the whole middle (full length) horizontally or vertically and then joins the two parts either seamlessly or with an effect.  The selection just needs to be a obvious rectangle for it to work out the orientation of the split.

Is it possible to do anything like this, I've seen "Fill Gaps" mentioned but I don't want to fill, I want it removed.

Port Forward Example.png

Hi @dbareis Welcome to the Forum

Sounds too easy.

Using the rectangle select tool, select the area you want removed and press delete.

This leaves an area of transparency. 

Now select the transparency and extend the selection to include the bottom area of the picture.

Use the AlignPlugin to move the bottom to the top of the selection.

Quick link to the plugin https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/4193-align-object-plugin-updated-06172007/

TuBO7X0.png

Edited by AndrewDavid
  • Like 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Thanks for the responses, I had to rebuild my computer hence the late reply.  None of those options seems easier than just swapping to a different program (and I almost always use the zigzag effect).  If it annoys me enough I'll investigate writing a plugin to do it.

Edited by dbareis

3 hours ago, dbareis said:

Thanks for the responses, I had to rebuild my computer hence the late reply.  None of those options seems easier than just swapping to a different program (and I almost always use the zigzag effect).  If it annoys me enough I'll investigate writing a plugin to do it.

That actually brings me a idea for PDN. @Rick Brewster What do you think of adding Erase Blending Mode? Instead of adding alpha, it does the exact opposite using the blend layer.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Adding new blend modes will currently break PDN files created with previous versions. That said, this is periodically reconsidered.

• 1 year later...
On 7/3/2020 at 6:19 PM, dbareis said:

I currently use ScreenShot Capture to do this, it has two options:

1. Splice out strip defined by selection
  2. Splice out strip defined by selection - Deluxe effects

I have attached a deluxe effects version, the other would be seamless.  Basically it chops out the whole middle (full length) horizontally or vertically and then joins the two parts either seamlessly or with an effect.  The selection just needs to be a obvious rectangle for it to work out the orientation of the split.

Is it possible to do anything like this, I've seen "Fill Gaps" mentioned but I don't want to fill, I want it removed.

Port Forward Example.png

This would be a great plugin. Any update on how to achieve this capability?