Makro or plugin for crop, tool and color choice

I have a very common scenario where I copy a piece of the screen and perform the following operations.

1. Paste into the PDN.
  2. Fit the canvas (either expand by saying yes to the wizard or, most often, crop by CTRL+SHIFT+x).
  3. Switch tool to Shapes (by "o").
  4. Switch shape type (by "a").
  5. Increse the border width to 11px (by "]" a few times).
  6. Set the color to red (by mousing in, which is an absolute pain because there's no shortcut for that as far I understand).

After that I mark what I'd like to highlight and copy the result. It producing great results but is a bit tedious, so I'm assuming there's a macro or plugin doing precisely that. I've googled around but haven't got much luck locating such. Where is it or how do I set up one myself in a fairly lazy way?

An extra bonus wish, to make great into perfect, would be setting the outside of the marked area to blurred, darker and/or de-saturated color. Then, I'd be able to mark my stuff to be highlighted and type a shortcut for all the above to be carried out automagically.

Is it possible and if so how?

Most of what you're asking for cannot be performed by plugins. You'd be better looking at a keyboard macro.

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Most of what you're asking for cannot be performed by plugins. You'd be better looking at a keyboard macro.

Yeah, it might be me using the terminology incorrectly. Sorry about that.

How do I set up a macro including the change of the color? I'm not sure if there's a shortcut for that.

8 hours ago, MadJik said:

@Chamster

Steps 1 & 2 could be done by Ctrl + Alt + V (paste to new image)...

Oh, that's a nice tip. Thanks!

Got a few more along that line?

Especially, picking a color with the keyboard would be nice…

That's always the part that gets me annoyed the most.

I haven't figured out a way to record a macro consisting of consecutive key presses but I'm sure it's possible somehow. However, that magic requires that a shortcut is available and mousing in on a color is hardly doable from such a macro.

Color Picker = K

All the keyboard shortcuts can be found here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html