A couple of select tool requests

I have a couple of feature requests for the select tool.  Apologies if these have been asked before or have already been included and I've missed them.  It doesn't look as if the thumbnails are working but I've included links to the images below.

Extend the select tool cursor

It can be very difficult finding the exact place to start a selection from when trying to line up with another part of the image.  It would really help if the crosshair was extended to the edge of the image like in this mockup.

9a2r1Sq.png

Fixed ratio/size selection

When using a fixed ratio or size selection tool and one reaches the edge of the image, the selection box loses the ratio/size constraint.  Whilst being able to extend past the image edge using the unconstrained select tool is useful, I feel as if the image edge should be taken into acount otherwise.  

s6jmONt.png

fWawgpj.png

I hope the above makes sense and would be useful to other people.

Edited by paintlondon

Hello @paintlondon and Welcome to the forum :)

To get the thumbnails to work, you need the copy the last 7 digits of the code, click on the black with a green circle, in the top tool bar, and add those digits.  I will fix them for you this time :)    I tried this but it's not working for me on your thread.  I'll take a look into this.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Hello @paintlondon and Welcome to the forum :)

To get the thumbnails to work, you need the copy the last 7 digits of the code, click on the black with a green circle, in the top tool bar, and add those digits.  I will fix them for you this time :)    I tried this but it's not working for me on your thread.  I'll take a look into this.

Thanks,  Pixey.  Not too sure why the thumbnails weren't working but glad it doesn't seem to be me doing something wrong!

Hi there.  I was about to edit my other thread when you replied.  What you have to do to get the thumbnails, is to copy the last 7 digits (without the .png) of the Image url into the box, like so:

Yes:   https://i.imgur.com/9a2r1Sq.png

No:    https://imgur.com/a/bUHHXhJ

(Thanks @toe_head2001 for pointing this out)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.