How to create a real grid ("magnet" effect).

Wizertex

Hello!

I sometimes find it difficult to center some things and I'm wondering if there's a way to make a real grid.

I know there are plugins for that, but what that does, is only a image of a grid.

I'm wondering if I can get a plugin (or if there's something built-in) that would add a grid like a magnet (what I mean: if you are holding a rectangle near a grid line, it would automatically place it there).

Thank you!

On 5/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, Djisves said:

Far centering objects, there are a few align plugins. Just search "align" at the Plugin Index.

The same search will also give you TR's PseudoSnap.

I found only plugins where you manually enter offset, but I'm looking for something that would work with mouse.

(Imagine moving images in powerpoint, it would center it automatically, or align it with another image)

5 hours ago, Wizertex said:

I found only plugins where you manually enter offset, but I'm looking for something that would work with mouse.

(Imagine moving images in powerpoint, it would center it automatically, or align it with another image)

I know what you are referring to but something like this isn't available in Paint.NET. You will be better off using the Align plugin and there are several.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:45 PM, TrevorOutlaw said:

I know what you are referring to but something like this isn't available in Paint.NET. You will be better off using the Align plugin and there are several.

Do you have any suggestions (if so, please give me URLs)?

1 hour ago, Wizertex said:

Do you have any suggestions (if so, please give me URLs)?

Sure, understand scripting/programming. The closest to your request would be TileWorld or G'MIC-QT Interactive RPG Non-Isometric Tiler. They both utilize the concept of snapping to grid.

G'MIC Filter Developer