GmicSharpPdn Beta (2020-07-14)

null54

This is an extension of my gmic-sharp library that allows it to be used by Paint.NET Effects.

It allows G'MIC commands to be applied to a Paint.NET Surface.

https://github.com/0xC0000054/gmic-sharp-pdn

The gmic-sharp-pdn-example Effect plugin demonstrates the use of the gmic-sharp-pdn library.

It also provides an example of how to use ILMerge when building Paint.NET plugins.

While this topic is primarily intended for plugin developers, users can download the example plugin, which wraps the G'MIC water command.

An example of the effect can be can be seen on the deformations page of the G'MIC filter gallery, https://gmic.eu/gallery/deformations.shtml.

Menu location: Distort > GmicSharpPdn Example

Compatibility: 4.2.12+

GmicSharpPdnExample.zip

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Given how simple the water example is, I think I feel confident about no longer needing to manually convert gmic code into c#. I will have to try this.

I do have only two question though.

1) Does gmic command "to $_host" shows paintdotnet on canvas?

2) Is it possible to pass on clipboard image and use [1]? You noted [0] is a layer in gmic.

G'MIC Filter Developer

1 hour ago, Reptillian said:

Does gmic command "to $_host" shows paintdotnet on canvas?

No, it currently shows "gmic-sharp".

I would have to change the gmic-sharp libraries to allow custom host strings.

1 hour ago, Reptillian said:

2) Is it possible to pass on clipboard image and use [1]? You noted [0] is a layer in gmic.

Yes, I will add a commented out block of clipboard code to the example.

You should also be able to use the IndirectUI file picker control.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

One more question. What if I want a different view and/or avoid affecting the canvas during modifying setting. One example of a G'MIC filter that needs both of them is the Non-Isometric RPG Tiler (Interactive). I believe that you need to create an auxiliary surface to render the effect, and then send it to a preview window within the GUI. Rendering the end result after the interactive window is what comes after the prerender. Right?

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

PreRender is performed once. Subsequently Render is called multiple times, each call passing a "strip" of pixels (the so-called ROI or Rectangle of Interest). 

You might find this discussion helpful if you're considering utilizing a separate work surface: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/22086-roi-and-shared-state-threading/

6 hours ago, Reptillian said:

What if I want a different view and/or avoid affecting the canvas during modifying setting.

You would have to use a Windows Forms dialog if you what to control what settings cause Paint.NET to start rendering its preview on the canvas.

PdnSig.png

Released version 0.2.0.

Changes:

• Added support for G'MIC filters that produce multiple output images.
  • Renamed the Output property to OutputImages and changed the return type to IReadOnlyList<PdnGmicBitmap>.
  • The host application name is now set to paintdotnet.
  • Reduced memory usage when editing grayscale images.
  • The GmicSharpNative binaries are now located in a folder.
  • Like 1

PdnSig.png