Google Chrome: Next-Gen Web Browser Released!

Mike Ryan

What are your initial thoughts of the browser?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What are your initial thoughts of the browser?

• I like the browser very much. The lightweight UI with the near lightning load times have me addicted and I probably will not turn back to alternative browsers
    • It is a very solid release but I will be staying with my choice of web browser
    • I do not like it and will probably not release it
    • I have not downloaded it yet!

Man, not even GOOGLE hires proofreaders anymore...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wow! I just noticed that any multi-line textbox can be resized. This is amazingly useful!

Part of Webkit and is a feature that has been available with Safari since v3.0 IIRC.

I've been exclusively using Firefox since version 0.8. Forgive me for not being familiar with WebKit's intricacies, as the only thing I've ever used Safari for was testing to see if my CSS was rendering correctly in there. And also to see the Acid3 score.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Well, as soon as they change the EULA, section 11, I'll start using Chrome again. I got pampered with its speed (and I only used it for less than 24 hours, too!) and now I get very frustrated with Firefox's slower speed!

You are behind the times:

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

Sorry, I have been offline most the day playing with my 11 month old daughter. All I gotta say is, YAY!!! As soon as this is posted, I'll be closing Firefox and opening Chrome!

obamacj9.th.gif

Click the image to see the animation! | Click here for my Gallery

Click here to visit my town!

Also,

This change will apply retroactively to all users who have downloaded Google Chrome.
Browse without fear, my friend. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I am really worried for mozzilla :? :? :? ....oh well at least they've got songbird and thunderbird ect

I'm not. Mozilla isn't going anywhere anytime soon; it's an established, solid browser with functionality far exceeding that of Chrome. It's got several years of bug reports and patches on its side, whereas Chrome has two days. It's got a market dominance in the non-IE browser market. The only people I'd expect to be worried are IE.

I must agree

Also remember that Chrome has only just been released, it will almost definitely get these capabilities and I am sure it will grow to be a wonderful browser if I think of the other stuff the Google team has managed to produce.

But so far I like it. (I am actually using it while writing this :lol: )

leafsigforuse.png

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

I am really worried for mozzilla :? :? :? ....oh well at least they've got songbird and thunderbird ect

I wouldn't worry... Chrome is open source, so Mozilla can take whatever it wants from it. If they drop too much, they can just release a new browser that include's Chrome's best.

obamacj9.th.gif

Click the image to see the animation! | Click here for my Gallery

Click here to visit my town!