MSC #13 Discussion

Helio

Thirteen has begun. Discuss away!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'm slightly confused. If I were to redesign an iPod, would I still use all the functions of the iPod, such as Music/Videos/Party Shuffle etc, or would I create something entirely new?

That's up to you. If you're skinning an iPod, I would use the iPod functions. If you're redesigning an iPod, you might call it an "iPod improvement", or create your own device.

Sounds awesome, I can make my own device right?

Right!

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Im a bit confused... :?

So are we creating just a standard 1 image of what the phone/smartphone would look like when its all booted up e.t.c (Main screen) Because the O/S bit made me think Wha-! A whole O/S! So would I just include what I have said above or something else?

Im a bit confused... :?

So are we creating just a standard 1 image of what the phone/smartphone would look like when its all booted up e.t.c (Main screen) Because the O/S bit made me think Wha-! A whole O/S! So would I just include what I have said above or something else?

Well, Helio said :"...Create a MOBILE OS..." I'd guess it means a complete OS. If not, then I'd shoot myself as I have been drawing and designing like a manga artist :)

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

home.png

Preview of my homepage. The padlock at the top is only shown when the phone is locked, but its there to show what it would look like. If a few more screenshots are needed to be made, then i shall, but if only the homepage is needed then i suppose i'm done. So, Helio, is the homepage enough or are more screenshots needed?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a "he", thank you. And I do, in fact, live in a crazy time zone.

The rest of the month shall be devoid of MSC-ish-ness. An intermission. Eagerly await its return on the first of November, which shall be a fabulous year-ending two-month long competition.

• 2 weeks later...
Helio hasn't been here for a while - so, any suggestions for the next competition's voting options?

I prefer PM's to a poll, because when you see what other's have voted and you don't know what to vote, you usually just vote for the one with the most votes.

Helio hasn't been here for a while - so, any suggestions for the next competition's voting options?

I prefer PM's to a poll, because when you see what other's have voted and you don't know what to vote, you usually just vote for the one with the most votes.

Then again, given that this is more than just a poll but a discussion, surely it would be helpful for users to see in which direction the votes are going?

KaHuc.png

Then again, given that this is more than just a poll but a discussion, surely it would be helpful for users to see in which direction the votes are going?

Of course it would be, but it's more exciting when you don't know.

...you usually just vote for the one with the most votes.

I don't know anyone who does that personally... I myself always try to vote the guy with the least votes already if I can't decide. Also, if the contest holder is gone for any reason, at least the results are known...

Polls are best for voting in competitions IMO, but maybe change the way they work?

Maybe not allow users (even guests) to see the results until poll time is over. This way no-one can see what the tally is like until voting time has been completed.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.