How to Install Plugins ×

Tanel's Photo and Color Plugins (2012-03-05)

Tanel

• 1 year later...

Yay! thanks very much! ^^ </download>

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 5 months later...

For an image I am doing right now, I wanted to use the Alpha blur, for some fading effect, now, a part of the selection does not blur, I do not know If I do something wrong or that there is a bug... I'll show you:

I started off with this one. a background and a woman (both on a different layer

6736346403_843dec7d3e.jpg

Now I added a new layer - copied a small selection from the background and added it on the layer on top of the woman as shown here :

6754379361_4b5482fb16.jpg

I got the rectangle select tool from around middle height till bottom of the image (to speed up) and set the alpha blur setting to 45, and next is the result of that:

6754379371_1b2efccabb.jpg

you see in the right corner it's not been blurred, even if I set the settings to 100 that part does not blur at all...

I could use the bidirectional blur, but it doesn't give the same effect. What am I doing wrong?

any help would be appreciated... would like to finish this image

Should have replied. I played with the image and couldn't come up with anything other than smudge and some other blurs (like surface blur in combination with Gaussian blur+ on channel selection) used selectively to created the edge in a uniform manner. Even then it had to be done in small passes and smudged together slightly. Still learning smudge so I didn't have as much control over it as I thought you might be able to gain ... Then PDN crashed on me from trying to use Alpha Blur in the mix on one of the image samples ... and of course I wasn't thinking about it so no saves ... Then I had to get back to work.

Even though I think I understand what alpha blur is supposed to do, I'm still not sure why its excluding similar areas of an image. Your's is a perfect example of my confusion with it ... May need a link to this post over in the Image Hospital thread to see if there is other methods someone might pop up with ...

Gallery at PDN-Fans

uhm... I have no idea why, but I get the same result if I use Gaussian blur + at 45...?? must be me doing something wrong then right?

edit: normal gaussian blur does do that not

edit2: after testing all the blurs I have and just Alpha blur and Gaussian blur+ gave me such weird results

Edited by Aislin

Hi thanks for this plugin pack, these are some of my favorite tools in Paintnet, but thought itd help to know i cant use "Grain" because it crashes Paintnet 3.5.10 Its not completely consistent but theres 2 out of 3 chance it'll crash when using Grain

a screenshot of pdn, while doing alpha blur (I first finished all the rest of the image and put all that in one layer, otherwise it would have been too much) and yes, that is my entire screen, two screens actually, the one I use pdn for is a computer flat screen plugged into my acer aspire one, where pdn is running on and on the right side is my acer screen :P did not had the mood to cut that part away...

6772375505_9fc70059fc.jpg

EDIT: click the image, you will be linked to my flickr, then right click and choose biggest size

Edited by Aislin

hated the waiting, so I fixed it in a different way... I erased the part with the weird result, copied a good part, pasted it on a diff layer, and stretched it with the selection tool... so it looks a lot what I had in mind ;-)

• 1 month later...

I have updated the pack with Alpha Blur v2.

Note that this is not directly a "fix" for problems described above by Aislin (that is actually natural behaviour in situation where transparent area contains no RGB data). But the new Shift control might help in this kind of situation.

• 4 years later...
37 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

I have attached a locally hosted copy to the first post.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I love sharpen+ there are many times I needed to use it because my pixels looked so much better.  Sometimes regular sharper works fine but other times sharpen+ is the only thing that gets the job done.  Thx!