How to Install Plugins ×

Tanel's Photo and Color Plugins (2012-03-05)

Tanel

This plugin pack contains all my plugins.

Download:

tanel_pluginpack_20120305.zip

(original: tanel_pluginpack_20120305.zip )

Update 2012-03-05: Alpha Blur v2.

Previous versions:

Update 2011-07-31: New effect Bidirectional Blur, new version of Sharpen+, Shadow/Highlight, LocalContrast, Basic Adjustments.

- Bidirectional Blur is gaussian blur with separated amounts for horizontal and vertical direction. Experimental / fun.

- Sharpen+, Shadow/Highlight and LocalContrast have new blur implementation* and are much more responsive to use.

- LocalContrast can now also reduce contrast. Plus options to apply to Shadows, Midtones or Highlights.

- Basic Adjustments has improved color rendering at extreme settings.

* The blur code is implemented from http://free.pages.at...lter/gauss.html (gauss2.ffp). Thanks to Alois Zingl for this impressive study and permission to use it.

Update 2010-07-22: New effect Grain, new version of Basic Adjustments.

Update 2009-11-02: Color Mixer and Color to Alpha compatible with PdN 3.5 beta.

Update 2009-07-08: Basic Adjustments updated; Black & White Converter updated and added to the pack.

Update 2008-12-24: almost every plugin is improved for rendering performance and quality, plus few minor UI changes and rearrangements in menu locations.

Sharpen+

(Effects > Photo)

V3.1 Updated: few UI and code optimizations.

Details: link

Shadow / Highlight Recovery

(Effects > Photo)

V2.2 Updated: few UI and code optimizations; moved to Photo submenu.

Local Contrast Enhancement

(Effects > Photo)

V1.2 Updated: few UI and code optimizations.

Color to Alpha

(Effects > Color)

V2.3 Updated: fixed compatibility with PdN 3.5 beta

Color Mixer

(Adjustments)

V1.3 Updated: fixed compatibility with PdN 3.5 beta

Red Eye Quick Fix

(Effects > Photo)

V1.1

Basic Adjustments

(Effects > Photo)

V2.0 Updated: improved color handling, additional saturation option.

V1.5 Updated: UI and color handling model.

V1.1 Updated: few UI and code optimizations.

Black and White Converter

(Effects > Photo)

V1.1 Updated: few UI improvements.

Eyeshine (Animal Red-Eye) Removal

(Effects > Photo)

Grain (noise)

(Effects > Noise)

Alpha Blur

(Effects > Blurs)

performs Gaussian blur on alpha channel (transparency) only. Useful for fading / blending irregular shapes.

V2 Updated: faster performance, added Shift control.

(Removed):

Hue / Saturation+

(Adjustments)

has the same functionality as existing Hue / Saturation adjustment, which sadly returns choppy results on gradients. This one keeps gradients smooth. <- No need for this any more - built-in effect has been fixed since Paint.Net version 3.5.2.

Edited by toe_head2001
Formatting
  • Upvote 2

A set of (1.) stunning, professional effects (2.) with icons (3.) in the common submenus and with (4.) each effect being one DLL (so you can decide which effects you actually keep)...

What do you want more?

* Thanks for the 3.36 fix!!! *

Thanks! :)

I've always been a big fan of Shadow / Highlight Recovery, although I still don't understand why you don't put this in the Effects > Photo menu.

Good point. Photo submenu seems more appropriate place indeed.

Should I better move Color to Alpha into Color submenu as well? What do you users prefer?

Thanks! :)

I've always been a big fan of Shadow / Highlight Recovery, although I still don't understand why you don't put this in the Effects > Photo menu.

Good point. Photo submenu seems more appropriate place indeed.

Should I better move Color to Alpha into Color submenu as well? What do you users prefer?

Yes, Color mixer too.

Thanks!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 3 months later...

I agree with your comment about BoltBait's Gaussian Blur+ being cumbersome for blurs that strictly involve alpha blurring. In fact, I only use it to alpha blur. For this reason i keep the old version of that plugin installed in which the default is to only blur the alpha channel.

You plugin will replace that set-up...

Thank you.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The basic adjustments plugin is surprisingly useful, and Sharpen+ is probably one of my favorite plugins evar. Good job. :)

EDIT: And local contrast enhancement is the McSexy. This is an A+ plugin pack.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What I want to do with a selected area is blur the background, just a little close to the selection area and more and more the further from the selection you get. (Am I clear or blurry?)

Is there a selection grow or shrink plugin?

/GregorS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tanel! This is a great pack, one of the first ones I downloaded after I cleared out my Effects folder tonight. I thought I might let you know that "Color to Alpha" and "Color Mixer" both crash on Paint.NET v3.5 Beta 4. They load without any errors when the program starts, but immediately crash when I attempt to bring them up. Everything else can be brought up without any problems!

Hidden Content:
[reason]Error Messages[/reason]
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ColorToAlpha.dll
     Effect Name: ColorToAlpha.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.ColorGradientControl' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.50.3591.32416, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at ColorToAlpha.ColorToAlpha.InitializeComponent()
  at ColorToAlpha.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 707

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\ColorMixer.dll
     Effect Name: ColorMixer.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.ColorGradientControl' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.50.3591.32416, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at ColorMixer.EffectPluginConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()
  at ColorMixer.EffectPlugin.CreateConfigDialog()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 707

Segment Image : Average Color (HSL) : Eigen Blur : []

Cool, new forum!

Hi Tanel ! -

Im a beginner with all this, so please help if you can....

PAINT.net only has that rediculous "TINT" slide-rule bar for color correction (if one slides it for less green, it then makes too much magenta, etc)....

Do you (or someone else) have a COLOR PLUG-IN for PAINT.net to INDEPENDENTLY decrease / increase any of at least these FIVE colors (using slide-bars) ? :

YELLOW BLUE GREEN RED MAGENTA

....Or at least any of these THREE colors ? :

YELLOW RED BLUE (or GREEN)

Also, do you (or someone) have a PLUG-IN for PAINT.net that provides for correcting perspective (slanted buildings, etc) using INDEPENDENT pull-points ? Thx !

Also, if downloading / using any of these is tricky or complicated, pls warn me ! Thx ! - Paul M.

Do you (or someone else) have a COLOR PLUG-IN for PAINT.net to INDEPENDENTLY decrease / increase any of at least these FIVE colors (using slide-bars) ? :

YELLOW BLUE GREEN RED MAGENTA

I have Color Mixer for that.

I need to fix compatibility with PdN 3.5 beta but it works fine under 3.36.

What did you have to do in order to fix the problem?

The problem was PdN's native gradient controls which are no more available for plugins. So I had to copy that part of code from PdN into my plugin.

What did you have to do in order to fix the problem?

The problem was PdN's native gradient controls which are no more available for plugins. So I had to copy that part of code from PdN into my plugin.

Oh, I see. Very cool, well I am glad it was updated. Thanks!

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)