Covid-19

1 hour ago, Djisves said:

had my first jab today. Pfeeling Pfine so Pfar, no side ePffects.

I am Pfhinking fou must have had a Phunny Pfing happen aphterwards.  Hope you are Phine pfoon 😁

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:51 AM, Djisves said:

I had my first jab today. Pfeeling Pfine so Pfar, no side ePffects.

Just wait for the second one!   🙃

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Just wait for the second one!   🙃

🤣😂 I wanted to say that, but thought I'd better not.  You said it for me 😬

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

30 hours later, I'm back to normal.

FWIW, I've had a sore arm for about 20 hours and I woke up with a slight headache this morning which lasted for about 2 hours.

I'll report back when I have the second one, which I hope is not as bad as I read and hear.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Do I get a second tracker with my booster? I'm assuming Bill and Jeff want one each?

• Like 1

Why do I need to be injected with tracking devices?
I already carry a cell phone.

I don't need to be injected with mRNA.
Have a perfectly good refrigerator to store my magnets on.

• Haha 1

I had my second Pfizer jab yesterday. Like others, I've had a worse reaction than the first time. Sore upper arm, joint pain, headache, fatigue, slight fever for about 24 hours.

I feel much better now.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Xkds4Lh.png

My husband and I have had both shots and are members of House Pfizer.

Last night, we actually went out to dinner -- first time in 14 months. We sat on an outside patio with a friend from out of town (who has also had both shots) and talked for hours.

We'd almost forgotten what it was like.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, AZ shot done! Either I am really a sooky lala or this thing really did a number on me. Raging fever, headache from hell (mind you I put a lot of that down to the optician's drops to dilate the pupils just so she can tell me she suspects the beginning of glaucoma), aches that roam & hit different spots, nausea & of course the fatigue.

I would hate to get the virus then. I can only hope the second one won't be as bad. Normal flu shot in a fortnight. Sux being old!

• Hugs 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Wow, you really got whammied @barbieq25.  ☹️  I hope the 2nd shot goes much better for you.  🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Australians love football a lot. So much so that they have flown in 2 teams AND their families to play a game on our minuscule footy grounds (we are a provincial city of around 80,000 people!). The grounds at best will hold around 5,000. Oh well done Rocky! (Rockhampton). Supposed to inject $2M into our economy. Hmm. I'm not that great at maths but I fail to see how.

Lovely isn't it? Well it would be if the borders between us & the state the players & families were coming from & to top it off, a known out-of-control Covid hotspot.

Some locals are telling folk so long as you don't attend the game, you will be safe from Covid & state they DO know how the virus spreads. 

We have been so fortunate up here that we have not had a single case at all. A few scares, but we have never been seriously affected. I work with vulnerable people. I have only had my first shot, so yeah, I am worried that I still have to wait 2 weeks before I can get my final dose. I haven't mentioned the vaccine shortage here, have I?

The biggest danger from Covid, I perceive, is stupid people. I am really very angry now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I agree with you @barbieq25.  Over here many states have lifted mask wearing, the kids will be going back to school soon, bars & restaurants are fully open again...?

I'm still wearing my mask in public.  The Delta variant is spreading like wildfire in the States, so why would you take the chance? You can still get infected after vaccination but they say it's mild and chances of dying are almost nil.  But still, why tempt fate?  We've been wearing masks for 18 months now; it's become an automatic thing for me to put it on before I enter any store. I'm older and I choose to wear my mask.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, Pixey said:

I don't think they've got to the booster shots yet?

This copied from Google search page:

"Is the Covid booster the same as first shot?

Yes, the Pfizer and Moderna booster shots will be the same as the first and second doses that you already received."

I've posted your reply in this thread @lynxster4as it's good to know.  They certainly have not made this very clear.  I think everyone thought that a Booster was going to be like a flu shot, and not a full jab.  In the UK they are only going to give them to people like me, with a compromised immune system, and not to everyone.  Golly - there is still so much we don't know 😬

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

Here in the UK  everything is open again, even music festivals have begun to take place once more, there have been reports in the online media that positive lateral flow tests have been found among the trash at some of the outdoor music events, football matches are almost back to capacity crowds, beer gardens and pubs are as full as they was before the pandemic hit..

When are people going to learn that this is not over yet?

My son currently works for the NHS test and trace service and he tells me that he is ringing to speak to parents of children as young as 8 who have caught covid. He has even rang double vaccinated adults who feel almost on deaths door with the virus. So be aware, double vaccine doesn't put you at less of a risk than a person who has never been vaccinated. 

Yes we will have to just live with this virus for many, many years to come, but only common sense from everyone across the globe can prevent the infection and death rates continuing to rise.

• Like 1

BREtKQW.png

53 minutes ago, DrewDale said:

So be aware, double vaccine doesn't put you at less of a risk than a person who has never been vaccinated. 

Well, my Doc says you may still get it, but you will have a milder version. 

Then, there is this 😁

booster.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30b8T8B.gif

On 7/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, lynxster4 said:

I agree with you @barbieq25.  Over here many states have lifted mask wearing, the kids will be going back to school soon, bars & restaurants are fully open again...?

I'm still wearing my mask in public.  The Delta variant is spreading like wildfire in the States, so why would you take the chance? You can still get infected after vaccination but they say it's mild and chances of dying are almost nil.  But still, why tempt fate?  We've been wearing masks for 18 months now; it's become an automatic thing for me to put it on before I enter any store. I'm older and I choose to wear my mask.

Yeah I agree @lynxster4

Here in the UK they have lifted restrictions on wearing masks.

I don't care I still wear mine in shops.

I think stupid not to.

This virus is not going away anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

sig2.png

20 hours ago, Pixey said:

Well, my Doc says you may still get it, but you will have a milder version. 

Indeed fully vaccinated people may get a milder version, but that doesn't stop them transmitting it to someone who has either not had both vaccines or those who are too young to be vaccinated and either make them extremely ill or even die.  

Sadly the problem here in England, is those who think because they are double vaccinated,  they can now go about life as if everything is back to normal and not giving any care, consideration or distance to other people. 

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png