Hi @midora Great to hear you've had your second jab.

I get my second in May. Pfizer, I think that is 'Biontech'.

My sister and brother-in-law had there first AZ jab on Sunday.

No real side effects, all good.

Cheers.

sig2.png

On 3/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, BoltBait said:

I got the Moderna vaccine.  Sore body for 24 hours after the first and 48 hours after the second shot. 

Groan - me too. 

First one was OK I got the 2nd yesterday and I awoke at 3 AM feeling like a train ran over me 😬

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @BoltBaitand @Pixey

Very sorry to hear you've had a bad reaction to the vaccine.

We don't use the 'Moderna' vaccine in the UK, so know nothing about it.

I'm due my second Pfizer jab in May, hoping for the best.

I hope you are both feeling better.

Stay safe.

Edited by Manc
  • Like 1

sig2.png

I had my first jab on Sunday (March 28) the Oxford AstraZeneca dose, no side effects at all, slight arm ache for a couple of hours after, but all is good. 

• Like 1

BREtKQW.png

I had the Pfizer jab on wednesday, felt like the whole world was having a party on my limbs all day Thursday, aside from that everything feels ok with me. 

On the negative side, all of our country (France) goes back into full lockdown with curfews from midnight tonight. 

• Hugs 1

HFuQlot.png

Interesting that I am hearing of some now feeling bad after the first vaccination. Those I have spoken to, only showed symptoms after their second one. I am in the US, East Coast so its probably the different variants of cocktails that elicit different reactions. Hoping everyone's Covid vaccinations will keep you all safe!

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lEAsmF.png

5 hours ago, mottoman said:

On the negative side, all of our country (France) goes back into full lockdown with curfews from midnight tonight. 

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. May you all stay safe & hopefully the lockdown will be short.

• Hugs 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Yes, as the days pass we learn more information from us guinea pigs :)

This was reported in the Daily Mail yesterday:

" Young people are more likely to have side effects because their immune systems are more robust than those of older people. Women are more likely than men to experience reactions due to a mix of biological and behavioral factors.

The most common side effects for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are pain at the injection site, fever, chills, headache and tiredness. Another rare reaction, but only in Moderna patients, is 'Covid arm,' in which people experience itchy and swollen skin."  (I've got this :( )

Another interesting point is that the UK is doing better at the moment, because of the way they rolled out the vaccines, by giving the 2nd one much later than they are doing in the USA, so as to cover more people first, at the first shot is 80% effective:

Wall Street Journal (Dr. Marty) on April 1st:

" Because medical leaders across the pond put the priority on first-dose vaccination, delaying booster shots so that more people could get the initial shot. Fifty-nine percent of British adults are now vaccinated with one dose, vs. only 38% in the U.S."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

20 hours ago, mottoman said:

I had the Pfizer jab on wednesday, felt like the whole world was having a party on my limbs all day Thursday, aside from that everything feels ok with me. 

In Sweden, we have only had restrictions rather than lockdowns. Some places are closed (sports centres and swimming pools) restaurants and bars limit people and it's preferred if you shop alone for groceries etc..

Even though I have had a serious dose of covid19, I have not yet had a vaccine, despite being a Doctor in the emergency department of a major hospital. 🤔

ZXCBOoZ.png