@Fernendes3 welcome to the forum :)

The country is doing better by the day.  Some states are worse than others, for a variety of reasons.

Woot!  Hubby and I had our first vaccination each yesterday 🤗

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Some parts of the UK still have spikes in new cases, other parts reporting a leveling off, new hospital admissions are apparently in decline, though yesterday (March 2nd) a further 343 deaths were recorded uk wide. 

I'm not sure when I will get a vaccine, I am way down the list of priorities being under 30. 

ZGEEsQd.png

On 3/3/2021 at 6:15 PM, Pixey said:

I get my first vaccine on March 28 and my second one on June 13. B)

Let's hope some kind of normality  can resume again. I'm itching to get back on stage again. 

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

On 3/4/2021 at 12:15 AM, Pixey said:

@Fernendes3 welcome to the forum :)

The country is doing better by the day.  Some states are worse than others, for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, the situation is stable now except a few country. I hope we will recover it soon. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Manc said:

lazhlm.png

Also worth a mention is the fact that the other half of the UK adult population won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon because the EU are refusing to send anymore supplies to England.

I was due for a vaccine in late May, now I have been informed it could be mid July. 12 weeks after Johnson stated the UK would be back to living a normal life. 

Also worth a mention - The vaccine doesn't stop or prevent you getting covid19. 

ZGEEsQd.png

15 hours ago, sashwilko said:

Also worth a mention is the fact that the other half of the UK adult population won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon because the EU are refusing to send anymore supplies to England.

I was due for a vaccine in late May, now I have been informed it could be mid July. 12 weeks after Johnson stated the UK would be back to living a normal life. 

Also worth a mention - The vaccine doesn't stop or prevent you getting covid19. 

You are so wrong.

What would be the point of having the vaccine.

Two weeks after the first jab you're are 50% protected.

Two weeks after the second you're between 95% and 98% protected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56469092

Edited by Manc

gossy.png

3 hours ago, sashwilko said:

Sorry, but these ongoing anti EU comments from England are just not necessary. You are reading biased sources which are just not correct.

midora%20signature.gif
6 minutes ago, midora said:

Sorry, but these ongoing anti EU comments from England are just not necessary. You are reading biased sources which are just not correct.

We are not talking about the EU.

What's your point?

gossy.png

I quoted the comment where someone says that it is a fact that the EU is responsible that vaccination in England is delayed.

I responded to this because it is just wrong.

So I didn't start to talk about EU. I have no idea what's going on in England since Brexit but it's not about European solidarity. But I will not be silent if someone tells wrong facts.

midora%20signature.gif
15 hours ago, Manc said:

You are so wrong.

What would be the point of having the vaccine.

Two weeks after the first jab you're are 50% protected.

Two weeks after the second you're between 95% and 98% protected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56469092

Quoted word for word from the NHS leaflet, Covid-19 vaccination, A guide for adults:

"Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective - some people may still get covid-19 despite having a vaccination" 

Don't waste your time with anything BBC related, they're about as genuine as a wikipedia article 😂

• Like 1

ZGEEsQd.png

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

@sashwilko I'm just curious about something.  Aren't you now out of the woods, as you had Covid and should now be immune?

I'm not 100% sure, I have read that you can't get covid twice, but also read that you can. Conflicting information on this matter. 🤔

ZGEEsQd.png

17 minutes ago, sashwilko said:

I'm not 100% sure, I have read that you can't get covid twice, but also read that you can. Conflicting information on this matter. 🤔

@sashwilko

There's a slight chance that you could get coronavirus a second time, but this is a  very slight chance only. We have only had 2 cases here so far and both have had an extremely mild second infection. 

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

2 hours ago, sashwilko said:

Don't waste your time with anything BBC related, they're about as genuine as a wikipedia article

You should be proud that BBS exists and does its job. Is there an other British tv station that looks for the interests of all parts of the society (Natives, migrants, minorities)? Nobody knows how Covid mutants will develop, you can only predict from the data you got up to now. It may also depend on the vaccine you got. This is the info you get viewing BBC.

• Like 1
midora%20signature.gif
27 minutes ago, midora said:

You should be proud that BBS exists and does its job. Is there an other British tv station that looks for the interests of all parts of the society (Natives, migrants, minorities)? Nobody knows how Covid mutants will develop, you can only predict from the data you got up to now. It may also depend on the vaccine you got. This is the info you get viewing BBC.

The BBC charges £152 per household each year in licence fees to show endless repeat programs and biased news, not a great deal to be proud of really. 

And to be fair, I don't see what this has to do with a covid19 thread. 🤔

I stopped being interested in comics (BBC and printed UK media) when I learned how to read. 

For anything covid19 related, I look on the NHS website, I know then that I'm reading the truth.

• Like 1

ZGEEsQd.png

1 hour ago, sashwilko said:

The BBC charges £152 per household each year in licence fees to show endless repeat programs and biased news, not a great deal to be proud of really. 

And to be fair, I don't see what this has to do with a covid19 thread

So why did you start to atteck the BBC? You complained and I responded. And you are doing it again by saying its news are biased. IMHO its the most objective one. Especially if we are talking about Covid19. So just talk about your Covid16 experience and stop to make statements about your view about facts or other opinions and I will be quite. Just to say, we are paying more in Switzerland for our national tv and there was a referendum some years ago, where the majority decided that its absolute needed to represent the whole society. And I'm quite sure that the result would be the same in UK.

midora%20signature.gif
5 hours ago, sashwilko said:

Quoted word for word from the NHS leaflet, Covid-19 vaccination, A guide for adults:

"Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective - some people may still get covid-19 despite having a vaccination" 

Don't waste your time with anything BBC related, they're about as genuine as a wikipedia article 😂

Which guide did you read? The kiddies version?

How can you compare, probably the greatest news institute in the World, to wikipedia.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-20/uk-on-verge-of-passing-50-of-adults-given-first-dose-of-covid-vaccine.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck-the-coronavirus-vaccines

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/20/health/astrazeneca-europe-vaccine-rollout-intl/index.htm

I am refusing to get wound up.

Edited by Manc

gossy.png

So when did this thread suddenly morph into the Rants *enter at own risk*  thread?  Can people kindly keep this a Covid-19 based topic only please!

No one really cares about your views on what is or isn't the best / most informative news outlet. I didn't create this thread for soap box politics to rear it's ugly head. 

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Let's everybody just breathe. Breathe, and remember you're among friends. Discuss yes. Argue no.

• Like 2

I got my second shot yesterday (Biontech). No real side effects.

Switzerland is way behind UK and EU. We are always a little bit slower than others especially if its related to medical approvals.

This is just about trust between the people and their bureaucracy.

Up to now Astrazeneka still got no approval, but I'm sure this will be happen after intensive checks of the studies.

So I'm happy 🙂

• Hugs 1
midora%20signature.gif