Yep great to see @nitenurse79 here, safe and well.  

on a positive side note of Covid' ... I bought a new car a week before we battened down the hatches and I haven't had to fill her up once in 3 months.

Talk about great fuel economy 👍

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nitenurse79 said:

I wonder how many prams have been filled post lockdown

Hehehehe that's tickled me.   As long as it's not the covidiots who thought stockpiling all sorts was very community minded.  Kids would have no hope

That said there were plenty of good people.  I wish I could thank the ones who paid for my daughter's grocery shopping/ fuel when she was in uniform.

Now I'm no longer shielding and able to go into shops ... all the arrows on the floors. 

I went into a clothing shop to buy a large T-Shirt, by the time I got lost and followed the maze I needed a medium 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Have people gone mad during lockdown ?  I've met a few off  their trolleys lately

3 arguments with total strangers this past 10 days.

1.  A black lad giving me the teeth suck and calling me a racist.  Then telling other people I was.  For no reason whatsoever.  

Unless you count a shaved head (I'm bald and I don't do comb overs) and a Chelsea shirt

2. An old man shouting/screaming and pushing me in the chest because I laughed at his parking

3. A bloke wanting to take me outside because I pointed out he was going against the arrows in a supermarket and invading my space by reaching across me with his face in mine

I'm going to find a desert island until the world calms down.  

On the plus side I was the epitome of calmness,  when once upon a time ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody...I'm not dead, and that's really saying something.

I was (I guess) one of the first wave of people to get Covid, in March. I was in and out of the hospital for two months, and am currently working on 75% lung capacity. Even better than that, on the 4th of July I had a heart attack which they tell me was related to the Covid. It was mild, thankfully. I'm controlling it with an aspirin a day.

I haven't touched PDN in months, as you might imagine it was kind of low on my list of priorities. I have recently taken up my hobbies again though, and am looking forward to creating some stuff. I can only promise that I'm checking the forum every day, and will do my best to keep up with everyone better than I have been.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're feeling better @Maggie!   Sorry you had to go through all that.  You are on the eastern side of PA, which was the 'hot spot' for our state.

A heart attack?  MG...you're so young!  Just do what you've been doing and continue on the road to full recovery.

I'm on the other side of the state and a lot older than you...I keep a low profile...go to work, grocery store and get gas...that's about it.

Please stay safe!  :)

Dear @Maggie OMG - what an ordeal you have been through.  I'm so happy that you made it through and how scary for you.  And a heart attack as well.  Jeez it really brings this horrid virus into perspective when someone you know gets it.  Take care and get lots of rest.  It's great to have you back on here 👍

Thanks very much @lynxster4 and @Pixey

I actually feel pretty good, considering. I've been keeping to myself at home up here in my room, but big day tomorrow-my sister is coming over to take me out for a bit. Just for a drive, and maybe some takeout to eat in the car. I have a mask of course, so we might brave WalMart depending on how I feel about it. I am dying to do a bit of shopping, but not *dying* to do a bit of shopping if you know what I mean. 🤨

The news from Down-under is that the state of Queensland do pretty well until we had 2 southerners (young females) lie about their status which initiated another wave & then blow me down if 2 others (again young females) didn't do the same thing & now we have hot spots in the south eastern corner everywhere including, schools, aged care homes & a youth detention centre & all but 2 of the state's jails are under lockdown (not mine). We worked from home for 3 months & it was great having hubby home. I worked harder during that time than if I had gone to work. Although we are under some restrictions, we have it pretty easy. 

Toilet paper? So it was a global phenomenon? We had no, to, no tissues, no serviettes (I can't eat without one!) no paper-towel, no baby wipes, certainly no hand sanitiser etc. , no pasta, no biscuits (cookies) etc. I guess that was rather global too. Now we are finding that Aldi has 10kg bags of flour that nobody wants. 

I get rather cranky with people who invade my bubble. Space please, is what we used to say to the intellectually disabled people we used to look after & they would quickly back away. One young pregnant bird paced up & down while waiting in line for blood tests & I so wanted to put my foot out & trip her up. No matter how many times we moved, she was practically brushing past us every time!

Then, one day out for groceries, we had a fellow shopper pass us some anti-bacterial wipes for our hands & trolley. That was a big deal for us. I see grocery shops now have name badges that state people are a Mother, Grandmother, Sister, etc. because nobody deserves a serve (a serve is a term we use for a volley of verbal abuse). 

Maggie, I am glad you have recovered mostly. To all of us who are IC or have family members who are, may you stay safe & sane. Lastly, in a world where you can be anything, be kind.

• Like 1