As this pandemic spreads to every country in every part of the world. I can only hope that everyone on here and their families keep safe, isolate if instructed, look after yourselves, but also look out for your elderly family and neighbor's.. these will be challenging and life changing times for everyone for a long time to come. 

Take care everyone. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

If after the isolation period, nothing happens... don’t be mad. This is the entire point of isolation. 

• Like 2

It's a frightening time we are going through.  Stay safe everyone and what a perfect time to stay home and play with Paint.net :)

• Like 3

Scary times indeed - more so for others in some cases.

Be safe all, and hopefully it won't claim too many people

My wife and I have both been advised to self isolate for 12 weeks - I worry for my safety ... there's no way she can go that long without wanting to cause physical harm

• Like 1

I've had two people at my day job go into self-isolation already, and another who is considering it...we're starting buy online/get curbside pickup for orders, just like the restaurants nearby.

I work at a freaking JoAnn Fabrics. It's gonna be all I can do not to ask what dressing the customers want on their salad. (I just might with some of my regulars; they know how warped my sense of humor is already.) Todd's new job is building satellite components and computer mainframe hardware. I don't think the US government will *let* them shut down. *sigh*

No visiting Todd's parents, our elderly aunts and uncles, or our immunocompromised niece for a while. Annnd that niece in a major hotspot and works with kids, no less. :( Everybody stay safe out there! Or indoors, preferably...ngl, everyone here has been on my "worry list."  @Pixey has the right idea. Let's all stay in and PDN!

• Like 2

Confined and fined if you are caught outside on the streets without a justification. All restaurants are closed. Will have to work on the garden. I can see that toilet paper will be an issue in a few days. Old newspapers will be very handy. :)

The worst thing is that there is no chance that this pandemic will end in the near future. There is no vaccine yet. The economic consequences of this situation will be disastrous for most countries with limited financial power.
We humans have a habit of being proud of our technological development, but look what a microscopic virus can do!
It is shameful that we can do nothing but stay in homes.

21 minutes ago, NSD said:

The worst thing is that there is no chance that this pandemic will end in the near future.

Yeah, the Governor yesterday said that the schools won’t reopen for the rest of the school year. 

Personally, I’m a computer programmer and have the choice of working from home. 

I think we're just as at risk because of people as much as the virus.

My daughter who's a paramedic, was sent a memo saying ... for now,  just one crew member wear a mask when treating a patient as supplies are low because the suppliers are selling to the public in wholesale amounts (more money in that I guess ? ) so stock is low ... she's also seen people trying to steal the hand sanitiser out of dispensers at hospital entrances.

As for the stockpilers ... I hope they stockpile condoms so the next generation of selfish idiots is stopped.  If you need that many toilet rolls you should have seen a doctor long before this

Edited by welshblue

I really don't understand the toilet roll fetish (but I have been to India!)😁

Stay safe all and don't murder each other when cabin fever sets in!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AspiringArtist said:

racism

1.  I hate it when that word is used so casually.  It just belittles it for when it's important.

2.  Maybe people - and not just in Wales ... try Scotland, Cumbria, Devon and Cornwall etc ... are concerned that areas not having any confirmed cases/ very few cases are worried/ angry that people think it's OK to arrive from hotspot areas.  With a blatant disregard for the safety of locals - to put more pressure on NHS services already stretched beyond capacity before this,  without an influx of people breaking it completely.  Then there's the supermarket issue, already creaking with empty shelves for locals without more pressure put on them.

Stay home isn't the same as Go Home ... and if you don't like it that people are scared and let you know it -  you'll know where the A55/ A470/ M4 are.  

And that's not racism - that's me saying nobody is entitled to put others at risk because they're either too thick or too selfish to care

Some of your fellow countrymen don't help  CLICK to welcome you's

And if I get banned for speaking my mind so be it but people like you do my fricking head in.  Bring back Meibion Glyndwr.  Then problem solved for all .

of us.  So <No cursing.> you 

Edited by welshblue

I cannot encourage gardening to grow your own vegetables enough.  Plant, plant, and plant! Don't rely on grocery stores to supply your needs when there are plenty of idiots buying up more than they need.  You don't need a full acre to plant, just enough for your immediate family, and some.

• Like 1