[Solved] How resize a layer inside an image

jpaul

Hello, here's my problem. I simply want to create a texture. thus it must have a particular size (512², 1024x512, etc..). in my case 512x512. so i created my image (512x512), then i created a layer. but my image being a photography it's like in most cases or bigger, or smaller, in my case 4032x3024. so i need to resize this. but for some reason i can't manage to achieve this. a little thing i've done hundreds of times easily in Gimp. so i love Paint.net, it's a great tool. but my question is simple, how do i make my imported 4032x3024 texture fit into my 512x512 image

Edited by jpaul

When you try to paste in the image, do you get a message saying that it's larger than your current image? If so, click on "keep image size" and then you can squeeze your texture down to fit.

• Like 1

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

If using LionsDragon's method, holding down shift while resizing may help to maintain aspect ratio.

Or... Open the 4032*3024 image, go to Image/resize and reduce it to 512px and save with a different name. You can then select all and easily paste into another 512px image.

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

6 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Open the 4032*3024 image, go to Image/resize and reduce it to 512px and save with a different name. You can then select all and easily paste into another 512px image.

This is the way I'd do it. +1 Red ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

When you try to paste in the image, do you get a message saying that it's larger than your current image? If so, click on "keep image size" and then you can squeeze your texture down to fit.

yep, this is what i was actually looking for. what i haven't got, it's that it doesn't work with drag & drop. if you want this to work, you need to copy paste

the other solution may probably work as well

so, thank you ☺️