No Preview option and FAQ hard to find

As a new user, I have a couple of comments for the administrators. I couldn't find a section for comments about the board itself, so I'm posting here.

As requested, I read the Forum Rules. It said to read the FAQ. That is easier said than done. I had to spend several minutes searching for it. If you really want users to read it, I would think that you would put a link to it on the top of every page.

As I was constructing my first post, I was surprised to see that there is no Preview button. I visit dozens of discussion boards. I believe almost all of them have a preview button. Is there a reason for this or did I miss something?

Thanks,

-jm

6 minutes ago, Jennifer Murphy said:

As requested, I read the Forum Rules. It said to read the FAQ. That is easier said than done. I had to spend several minutes searching for it.

Is this a joke? (honest question)

Right after it says to read the FAQ, it provides a link to it.

6 minutes ago, Jennifer Murphy said:

or did I miss something?

Yes, the Preview button is on the far right of the post editor's toolbar. The icon is a page with a magnifying glass.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

9 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Is this a joke? (honest question)

Right after it says to read the FAQ, it provides a link to it.

Yes, the Preview button is on the far right of the post editor's toolbar. The icon is a page with a magnifying glass.

No joke. Yes, the FAQ link is right there in the forum rules post, but I don't see it anywhere else, like on this page. As I said, if you really want users to refer to the FAQ before posting, you might want to put a FAQ button on the top of every forum page. There are several good places for it:

• Top right next to Forum Rules.
  • Top left after Leaderboard.
  • Under Browse between Guidelines and Staff.

OK, I see the preview button now. Thanks. I didn't look there because I am used to seeing it down next to the submit button. (Submit/Post Preview Cancel)