PDN image sizes issue

Marilynx

OK, just got back from a Barn Hunt. 

Booted up my computer (sorry, it's still WIn 7 Pro -- I won't do the update on IT because I have programs that, as far as I know, won't run under Win 10. As soon as I can afford to, I'll be getting a new machine. I had saved up for it and then my husband wrecked his car  and we had to shell out $6000 for repairs. So I have to save up again.).

Started PDN.

I am apparently no longer permitted to create anything other than 800 x 600 and a resolution of 96.

Or more correctly, I am not allowed to select 800 and change it to 2400 (typing anything while 800 is selected results in 799). I can get there by clicking or clicking and holding the little up arrow next to it, but that's a pain in butt.

Ditto for 600 to 3000.

Ditto for the resolution.

This may seem minor, but it's a waste of time having to hold the stupid mouse button down like that when I used to be able to select, type, and go. Takes much longer.

What gives?

I typically use resolution 300 and 2400 x 3000 for the images for all my Barn Hunt stuff. And I do a LOT of Barn Hunt stuff. So this is, for me, critical.

Edited by Marilynx

Hi @Marilynx as @Rick Brewster often says, if one doesn't have the most recent version of Paint.net, then it's difficult to work out why older versions are giving trouble.  Are you using the latest version on your computer?

And, are you talking about when you first open PDN and go to New.  Can't you just type in the measurements like this:

add-size.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, Pixey said:

Hi @Marilynx as @Rick Brewster often says, if one doesn't have the most recent version of Paint.net, then it's difficult to work out why older versions are giving trouble.  Are you using the latest version on your computer?

And, are you talking about when you first open PDN and go to New.  Can't you just type in the measurements like this:

add-size.png

The version I have is 4.2.1.

The way you are talking about is how I have always done it. Just select the old setting and type in the new.

This time, when I selected 800, and started to type 2400, it dropped to 799 and would not take what I was typing in. I could tap the up arrow and get back to 800 and then further up. But I could not do it the way I normally did.

I have now closed PDN and reopened it. It is now apparently behaving the way it should. Which suits me fine. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the other error occurred.