Cannot install from Microsoft Store where can I download an installer

I get error code 0x800706D9 when installing from Microsoft Store. I found the issue was "Storage Service" was disabled, I keep Storage Service disabled so windows does not write hidden system files to USB devices. I work with products other than windows and the Storage service is very troublesome for me.

Is there a place where I can download the Paint.net installer?

I have paid for a licence.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, CountryRabbit said:

I get error code 0x800706D9 when installing from Microsoft Store. I found the issue was "Storage Service" was disabled, I keep Storage Service disabled so windows does not write hidden system files to USB devices. I work with products other than windows and the Storage service is very troublesome for me.

Is there a place where I can download the Paint.net installer?

I have paid for a licence.

I'm getting this error too. On getpaint.net is only the free version to download.

If you've modified your setting in Windows in a way that's created incompatibilities with the Microsoft Store, then there's nothing we can do for you.  We don't control how the Microsoft Store functions, nor do we control the error message it displays.

The only thing we can offer is the classic installation method.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab