Couldn't open the Forum and the Blog - 'currently unavailable' error

Hi everyone :smallerpdnlogo:

For some reason I just couldn't open the forum and the blog for about two weeks. Kept getting the same error - The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. The antivirus was silent btw.

Tried different browsers - reset DNS cache - temporarily disabled ABP - zero results. 'IsTheSiteDown' said it was just me. Tried proxy - it did load but extremely slow and without images (and I could not log in, of course). Today it's suddenly okay again - both Rick's blog and the forum load fine. Logged in here from the second attempt. I just wonder (for the future) what might cause this weird behavior... 

Have a good day people!

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

• Vagabondi changed the title to Couldn't open the Forum and the Blog - 'currently unavailable' error

I wondered where you were you had gone 😱

That is rather strange and could possibly have been your server?  Occasionally I get the same reaction when trying to get to a site,  but not paint.net, and have assumed it's gremlins in the server 👾

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Occasionally I get the same reaction when trying to get to a site,  but not paint.net, and have assumed it's gremlins in the server

Right?! :fear::D I mean, it happens once in a few months with a random site, like a music blog or another software site/forum (but never PDN). And the site is never down or under construction - it is always "just me" And it lasts for weeks - never for a day or two. Finally I stop checking and after a while - boom! They are back. None of the typical solutions has ever helped to fix it.

18 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

It was probably a problem on your end

Obviously so but it lies deeper than I can figure out.

19 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

clear your cache

Nah... I wish it was that easy. I got 'clear history when Firefox closes' (cookies and cache) and still, clearing is the first thing I try. Never helps. Edge was useless too. I kinda like @Pixey's version better... more realistic :|:)

my gallery is  here

I had a favorite site refuse to load for a couple of weeks. I was tearing my hair out. Eventually I reset my router DNS to Google's [8.8.8.8] for an hour & then changed it back. The refresh resolved my issue.

info:

https://www.howtogeek.com/167533/the-ultimate-guide-to-changing-your-dns-server/

and

https://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-change-your-dns-for-safer-faster-browsing--mac-61232

• Like 2

@Ego Eram Reputo thanks for the links - really clear and detailed (I kinda know the trick but I have never known it better than now 😃 )

Perhaps the key was IPv4 AND IPv6 - either switch both or uncheck one. We'll see next time...

11 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Ghosts in the system 👻

Or the global reason that explains anything:

Expecto-Patronum.png

If only I could install a coder's brain and double boot... Must be so much fun 😈

my gallery is  here