Unable to start paint.net

Greetings!

If clicking the Repair button didn't work you will have to remove Paint.NET before reinstalling.

I use a program called 'Revo Uninstaller' set to advanced mode to uninstall my apps although the is an uninstaller built into Windows and Paint.NET. When Revo Uninstaller loads please click on Help and load and read the Help File PDF!  Then run  the Advanced mode. After it uses the built-in  uninstall of your program, use Revo's Scan feature to pick up and further delete any left over program residue.

Edited by HyReZ

6 hours ago, usernamee12 said:

Every time I open the app this box keeps opening.

And did you actually hit the box that says Repair?  You can also use this tool to clean your computer and then try to reinstall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1.  What system do you have?  Windows 10, or 8.1, or 7?

2.  Did you have Paint.net before, or was this the first time you tried to download Paint.net?

3.  Have you tried going to the Paint.net Folder, found in - C:\Program Files\paint.net- then scroll down to the image that says "PdnRepair.exe" and hit on that.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

11 hours ago, Pixey said:

1.  What system do you have?  Windows 10, or 8.1, or 7?

2.  Did you have Paint.net before, or was this the first time you tried to download Paint.net?

3.  Have you tried going to the Paint.net Folder, found in - C:\Program Files\paint.net- then scroll down to the image that says "PdnRepair.exe" and hit on that.

1. Windows 10.

2. I had used paint.net for like a year or two before this happened.

3. Yes. I also tried that method. To no avail.

Did you delete the file as Rick suggested?

@usernamee12 I suggest you try again to remove any broken bits from your previous installation, and then download Paint.net again from here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

30b8T8B.gif

2 hours ago, usernamee12 said:

The problem is the mentioned file isn't even in the folder, so nothing to delete at all.

Sorry for the late reply. I somehow lose access to my internet for few days.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation.dll is a dependency that Paint.NET needs to run and you said above that It it is not in the Program Files/paint.net folder where it needs to be (in the Classic version) for Paint.NET to load properly! You need to re-install or locate the missing .dll and put it where it belongs.

Edited by HyReZ

Update 2: The app somehow refuses to work again. Doing the method above doesn't help neither.

I noticed that my antivirus was deleting the file, so I tried turning off the program. Doesn't help much.

I also noticed that the "missing" dll file is deleted after repairing process is over, which kind of "resetting the cycle". Antivirus is disabled at the time as well, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Update 2: The app somehow refuses to work again. Doing the method above doesn't help neither.

I noticed that my antivirus was deleting the file, so I tried turning off the program. Doesn't help much.

I also noticed that the "missing" dll file is deleted after repairing process is over, which kind of "resetting the cycle". Antivirus is disabled at the time as well, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Edit: somehow internet lagged and sent this message twice

Edited by usernamee12
Lag

@usernamee12 Please use this tool to remove all traces of Paint.net:

And then try to reinstall from here.

30b8T8B.gif