I am a Paint.Net Newbie (Somewhat)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  I'm going to reintroduce myself here, 'cuz I've been gone for AGES.  Back though!  Sorta.  Kinda.  I still have a baby, so time is short, but things have slowed to the point that I think I can devote a little bit more time to this great community.

So, Hi!  I'm David.  I'm from Indianapolis, IN and I have a beautiful wife (Natalie) and adorable baby (Calvin).  I work for a company called Salesforce and run a website called RedeemingCulture.com (which, fair warning, is a Christian take on popular culture).  My interests are gaming (video, tabletop, board, and card), Indianapolis, bicycling, geek culture in general (movies, comic books, sci-fi, fantasy), Jesus, and my family.  Not in that order.

I've used Paint.NET for my job, hobbies, and personal work for about ten years now, and I've been a mod on this forum for...I dunno, a while.  Five years?  Maybe seven?  I helped with the creation of the Pictorium and Tutorials subfora.  I've taken a couple of MASSIVE breaks for various reasons, marriage and baby being the two big ones.

I also like to help.  Hope I can help all of you at some point or another.  :-D

Good to be home.

Click to biggify.

post-46346-0-37169500-1440512137_thumb.j

Me and baby.

post-46346-0-30694300-1440511939_thumb.j

Wife and baby.

post-46346-0-25057100-1440512250_thumb.j

Me and wife and baby.

• Upvote 3

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Roll up your sleeves David, we have work for you :mrgreen:

It's great to have you back on the team.

Good to see you back David! ;)

Good to be here, Red ochre! Glad to see some familiar faces still holding things down.

Roll up your sleeves David, we have work for you :mrgreen:

It's great to have you back on the team.

Let's make it happen. :) Looking forward to it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

That's just begging for another challenge... like another baby or something. :D

This one just started crawling, but man he's a good baby.  We lucked out for a first.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there Bob. It's been a while! Nice to see you back :D

Bob was a legend when I joined this forum.   :bigeyes:

• 5 months later...

Welcome Collagemaster and Rydal.  Looking forward to seeing your work!    :)

• 1 month later...

Ive been using Paint.net for a couple of years but haven't been very active in the forums as yet.

I'm unfamiliar with the rules but am slowly sorting it out. Luv Paint.net big time.

Many thanks to the developers and admin without whom I'd still be floundering with

traditional art mediums rather than CGI which has changed the colour of my creative life. 

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

• 3 weeks later...

Reputation points or 'reps' are given out for content that you agree with (comments/posts) or that you like (images) or find useful (plugins/resources). It is a sort of validation/currency/virtual hug here on the forum. Members with high reps contribute a lot of content that others find useful. So it is no surprise that senior members of the forum tend to have higher reps.

• 2 weeks later...