I am a Paint.Net Newbie (Somewhat)

Hey everyone. I'm Tater, as you can see by the name.

I've been using PDN since I was 12. I'm 13 now, probably younger than most of the community here. Anyway, I first got the program when I was 11 because my dad had uninstalled regular ol' paint so I was looking for an alternative. I stumbled across Paint.NET, and hated it because it was too hard for me. After a few more months without any image editor on the PC, I became desperate and re-downloaded Paint.NET. Then I went a few months using only the basic features of PDN, like gradients etc. It was still too hard for me.

Next I caught on to tutorials. They helped me get to where I am now. Now I am sometimes writing tutorials for novices. I wouldn't call myself a pro with PDN, I'm far from it. I'd call myself intermediate or slightly below it.

I have visited this forum multiple times before as a guest, mainly for plugins. Today I suddenly decided to make an account. The community here seems great. :)

Oh well, I hope I have a great time here, and I hope I will improve on Paint.NET. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.I recently was spending time on a forum that used bad words,scattered crude pictures around and was just plain rude.They didn't have moderators.I am now an ad maker for ROBLOX, my username there is drumrboi479 .But anyway, if you understand my name you know that I like transformers.I plan to be one of the many "different from all the others" person that we see on forums today.I also might be the one asking for some help usually.

~TFPrime (I'm going to use this on each post)

It does seem like there are a lot of young people doing a lot of great work with PDN, which just shows it's ease of use. I'm just 15, but I find it amazing how simple it is to make quite professional looking images by either following simple tutorials or even just fiddling around with effects. It's also a great time-killer, and if I'm really bored I just decide to work on a new sig or a wallpaper or something, and there goes my boredom! I've been using it for probably a couple months now (Although I first downloaded it just so I could edit two images into one, so I hadn't been doing anything like sigs or wallpapers until a week or two ago), and I'm already amazed at what it can do. Great work on Paint.NET developers! And great work to all the users who have demonstrated their amazing artistic ability and who have taught me so much! :)

I'm glad to have found this forum, I've been struggling with the program. I mostly do wallpapers and fan art, and lack the cash for Photoshop, or the drive to learn GIMP. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting help to improve my skills a bit. I haven't got any pics to post yet, sadly :(

With PDN there is no need for these :D Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well hello, people! :D

My name is Ilke, and I'm a 15-year old Turkish resident currently living in Paris (tip: not the one in Texas :P). I've been a user of Paint.NET since 2007 and I'm quite satisfied of the simplicity, versatility and endless possibilities it can offer as free software. Kudos and good luck for everyone involved in the program (and the plugins!)'s existence.

I've already been lurking occasionnally the forum for the tutorials and plugins, but now I've decided to just join the community to fully enjoy the experience. I'm rather amateurish with the program, and I usually fail at creating on my own, instead resorting to "kitbashing" for example. My avatar (the same I've used for five years on the Internet minus the improvements) is an example of this. But with plugins and much needed tutorial assistance, I can at least amaze myself. Huge thanks to Barbieq25 and her jewel tutorial already.

Maybe I'll post some of my work if my self-esteem and PDN skills do allow it, maybe I'll sink in much more time in the off-topic section but in any case, I hope I will become a part of this burgeoning community.

Long live Paint.NET, long live the Community! (hope that didn't sound too pompous :/)

Edited by Ilke