Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This small update fixes a few important bugs, most notably with installations that directly use the MSI file for deployment (e.g. AD/GPO).

 

If you’re using the Windows Store release, you should get the update automatically within the next 24 hours. You can also force an update check by following these instructions.

 

For the Classic release, you should be offered the update automatically within the next week or so. You can get the update sooner by going to ⚙ Settings → Updates → Check Now. You can also download and install it directly from the website.

 

Changes since 4.2.9:

  • Fixed: Installations that directly use the MSI (e.g. AD/GPO deployments) no longer need to run the repair process immediately after installation. Some important DLLs were not being updated because while their assembly version was different, their file version was unchanged, so Windows Installer incorrectly skipped over them. Click here for more information.
  • Fixed: Loading an image with an enormous photoshop:DocumentAncestors node in the XMP metadata will no longer hang the app
  • Fixed a rare crash in the auto-updater UI related to font initialization
  • Improved performance when clicking OK on an effect or adjustment dialog that has already completed part of its rendering

 

Enjoy!

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @Rick Brewster!  I am doubly grateful as this version has enabled me to use null's Gmic plugin again.

Gmic wouldn't work for me on version 4.2.9 (it kept crashing PDN), but it worked on 4.2.8.   Weird, huh?

Well, anyway, THANK YOU! <3

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rick Brewster...That's the first thing I did. Null said the communication between PDN and Gmic was broken and he didn't know why. I sent him the crash log.

But, things are okay now and I'm happy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Came to thank once again for 4.2.9. I did my project finally.

Final image made from many tiles is about 13000x8000, working canvas was even bit higher before cut. All processing was smooth, low disc requirements. No crash. Love that tool :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the crash issue got solved. It was really a pain and wasted a lot of time for that. The new update though came a little late but I guess it was worth the wait. I would still wait for the perfect review of this so that I do not have to reinstall the older version just because it is not good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toe_head2001 said:

 

Can you please specify what crash issue you are referring to?

Yes, it did not happen a lot of time but it did. When it happened I have lost hours of my work. I do not have the error logs with me now, but if I do face another crash I would definitely take a screen shot and upload over here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 9:22 PM, lynxster4 said:

Thank you @Rick Brewster!  I am doubly grateful as this version has enabled me to use null's Gmic plugin again.

Gmic wouldn't work for me on version 4.2.9 (it kept crashing PDN), but it worked on 4.2.8.   Weird, huh?

Well, anyway, THANK YOU! <3

What do you do with a Gmic plugin?. If the older version did not have this plugin then how did you do work all this time?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mariah Sometimes one gets a crash from using an older Plugin which have been created by people who are no longer on the forum.  There is nothing we can do about that.  As was mentioned about Gmic it had a bug in it and had to be fixed by the author.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pixey said:

@mariah Sometimes one gets a crash from using an older Plugin which have been created by people who are no longer on the forum.  There is nothing we can do about that.  As was mentioned about Gmic it had a bug in it and had to be fixed by the author.

Thank you for your reply. Now I am cleared about the Gmic plugin fact. I hope the newer version fixed all the bugs that were bothering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mariah said:

I hope the crash issue got solved. It was really a pain and wasted a lot of time for that. The new update though came a little late but I guess it was worth the wait. I would still wait for the perfect review of this so that I do not have to reinstall the older version just because it is not good enough.

 

"The crash issue" ? You need to be waaaaaaay more specific. Please make a post over in Troubleshooting section with a description of what you were doing, how it crashed, and post the crash log if you've got it. Without the crash log, or some way of reproducing the crash, nothing can be done. Just saying "oh it crashed" doesn't help at all, unfortunately.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2020 at 8:46 PM, mariah said:

Yes, it did not happen a lot of time but it did. When it happened I have lost hours of my work. I do not have the error logs with me now, but if I do face another crash I would definitely take a screen shot and upload over here.

I usually risk my work too and do my work in one go. But its good habit to save work every some steps in .pdn format. You do not loose back steps, but in crash, you start from last save point.

Edited by sirdaniel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, has the "cut to selection" feature been removed from this version of Paint.NET? I first noticed that the Ctrl+shift+x shortcut was irresponsive, then I noticed that the option was not available at the Edit menu anymore. That feature has been extremely helpful for me and it would be great if it could be restored in the next update!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ctrl + Shift + X is crop to selection. Its grayed out because you probably don't have an active selection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...