How to Install Plugins ×

Creative Text Pro v1.1 - By BoltBait and Welshblue - Updated February 16, 2020

BoltBait

Hi @BoltBait

After installing the plugin, I am getting this message when I am trying to use it:

Screenshot-5.jpg

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CreativeTextPro.dll
      Name: CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin
      Version: 1.0.7344.20057
      Author: Copyright ©2020 by BoltBait and Welshblue
      Copyright: 3D Metallic Text
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Drawing.Rectangle PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectEnvironmentParameters.get_SelectionBounds()'.
   at CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin.PreRender(Surface dst, Surface src)
   at CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 71
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 264
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 454
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 410
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 356
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass41_3.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 941

This needs pinned...it is very 'Photoshop-ey'!  Can't wait to use it.

Thank you to everyone involved!  😁  <3

ctextpro_01.png

EDIT: added image

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi Boltbait & Welshblue

Firstly I am very grateful to both of you for the hard work in creating this excellent Plug-in.

However, I have received a scare message from Windows 10 upon trying to install, should I

just ignore the scary message and install?

Also Win10 is saying do I want to make changes to the "Command Line" is this normal?

Or could I just cut and Paste the DLL into the text folder??

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷Glug,glug,glug😜

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

could I just cut and Paste the DLL into the text folder?

Just install it by downloading the zip file to your desktop. Right-click on the zip file and click “Properties” then “unblock” the file and click the apply button. Unzip the zip file to your desktop and run the included install batch file. 

4 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

This needs pinned...

Done.

I too feel this is superb bit of kit. Many, many thanks BoltBait & Welshblue 

• Like 2

One more example; some 'lava' text.  'Lava' texture made by me in PDN.

I could play with this all day...:)

ctextpro_02.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, welshblue said:

It also works great on dingbats.

And other symbol fonts...I discovered that, too. :)

Beautiful examples above.

Version 1.1 has been released!

New features:

• Reorganize the UI into 4 logical sections
  • Added lots of textures including Tiger, Zebra, Snake, etc. - Thanks to @welshblue
  • Added ability to zoom in and out from the textures
  • Added "soft light" algorithm (does not look good with Chrome, but it does with everything else)
  • Added ability to apply 3D textures to existing objects (instead of text) - Suggestion from @Ego Eram Reputo
  • Added "rules" to the UI--controls are disabled when they would not effect the current choices
  • Added more examples to the initial post

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• BoltBait changed the title to Creative Text Pro v1.1 - By BoltBait and Welshblue - Updated February 16, 2020

Oh...oh...oh...   fainting1.gif

Fantastic!  The option to use on an object makes everything available to use!  Everyone's shapes, any png on the internet, etc...

The zoom is great, too....I was going to ask for that option.  Some of my textures are large and I'd have to resize them (smaller).

Thank you @BoltBait <3  and @welshblue <3 !

Happy Belated Valentine's??  :D

ctextpro_03.png

• Like 2

@BoltBait  @welshblue
Welcome improvements on a job already well done. Thank You!

I see that @yellowman was able to add rotation and extrusion to his example above.

Those features would be a welcome addition to the functionality of this plugin if it was built in!
With rotation, zoom and extrusion built in, it would also lend itself to producing frames for animations.

I use a product by Magic called Xara 3D Maker 7 that does something similar.

Edited by HyReZ

29 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I see that @yellowman was able to add rotation and extrusion to his example above.

Those features would be a welcome addition to the functionality of this plugin if it was built in!

This is the reason for the checkbox at the top of the UI. Create your text before running the plugin. You can rotate it to any angle you want. 

I could keep adding features forever and the UI would quickly become to tall to use.  So, instead, I added some flexibility (object checkbox and clipboard texture) to the UI so that I would not limit creativity.

• Like 1