How to Install Plugins ×

Creative Text Pro v1.1 - By BoltBait and Welshblue - Updated February 16, 2020

BoltBait

21 hours ago, welshblue said:

Good luck.  Hopefutally you'll raise lots of money.

I must have made over a 100 images with this and each time I'm just as impressed, sometimes even more so

Thanks. A colleague has Stage 4 cancer, and a beloved family member needs surgery but his insurance is being a bunch of jerks.

That says a LOT about the quality of the plugin then! 🤩

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

For those people stuck using Paint.NET v3.5.11, you can download this:

Download

If you're using the store version of Paint.NET or v4.2.10+, GO HERE INSTEAD!

CT10.png

Sorry, not the "Pro" version. If you want that, you'll have to upgrade to Paint.NET v4.2.10+

CreativeText.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like my text to start out as a certain color (say hex D0E1F9) and then have the affect applied to it.  I cannot seem to find an easy way to do that.  Am I missing something?  so I would like it to look like this but with the base text color being D0E1F9

image.png.b731b9321d7ae316336e62ac7323b102.png

Edited by George Ceaser

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2020 at 1:52 PM, BoltBait said:

Where did my background go?

Text should always be rendered to a separate layer, that way shadows can be added behind it and you can move the text where it needs to go.  In that light, text rendered by this plugin is placed on a transparent background.  You're welcome.

How about code that checks if the layer is 100% transparent, if it isn't, it will have an error saying "You seem to have a background that isn't transparent, this plugin will erase this background if you do not create a new layer" or something among those lines. You will have the choices "Ok" which closes the error and pretends nothing just happened, and "Run anyway" which will erase the background and create the text anyway even though it warned you (run anyway option is there in case you were on the starting white background)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BoltBait, 

You sent me to this page to install this plug-in. You page says this: 

Version 1.1

(Requires Paint.NET v4.2.9+)

And I just opened my version of Paint.NET and it says it 4.2.13. I clicked on the sprocket and selected "Updates" then "Check Now". It says I have the newest version. Do I have to go to the getpaint website to update to this newest version? And all plug-ins I've already installed remain even when updating, yes? *g*

Thanks for the help! I'm anxious to try this! *gg*

~Laura

Thank you, BoltBait! I see that now. As time allows I'm slowing testing out new effects for the text and I'm delighted in all I'm able to finally do!! Without Photoshop, that is. *g* I made this one tonight and I'll send another one I did earlier in the week. I'm still working online so time is limited, but I'm hoping to play with it more during upcoming vacation hours. *879207261_LSDesigns_glitterpurple.thumb.jpg.a1bef64bcae1747a27eccc117771bbd0.jpgg*

BoltBait....can't show you the other one. I did shrink it below the 146.2 size and it still won't upload. Anyway, it came out pretty good too using the "metal" or steel look. Thanks again for putting this pack together!! 

Laura

• 3 months later...

I run paint.net v 5,x under a current Windows 10 system. After eventually successing to download Your package, I selected the only wanted Creativ text pro.dll and pasted it into the effects folder. However, my paint.net 5 fails again to open it. All other plugins of the ffects folder appear. BTW, the installation manual seems to be years outdated. Moreover, You never know, if this edit is accepted and sent or not - no sign of reaction.

Any idea?

archlingo

And now - "the e-mail address is in use by another member ??? Surely not. It is all extremely confused!!!

7 hours ago, archlingo said:

after resetting my password the login now worked - not the dll.

Are you using the store-bought version of paint.net, or the classic/free version?  And did you restart paint.net after installing the plugin?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

9 hours ago, archlingo said:

I run paint.net v 5,x under a current Windows 10 system. After eventually successing to download Your package, I selected the only wanted Creativ text pro.dll and pasted it into the effects folder. However, my paint.net 5 fails again to open it. All other plugins of the ffects folder appear. BTW, the installation manual seems to be years outdated. Moreover, You never know, if this edit is accepted and sent or not - no sign of reaction.

Please show us a screenshot of your C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects folder.

Also, are there any Plugin Errors listed in the settings screen?

image.png

How do you get it so there is no lighting/shadow/3d effect? I want to just be able to take regular test and put it in an adjustable table. 

I'm currently just using Libre Office and trying to make text boxes with "justified" edges so the box looks nice. But then The text bg isn't transparent so it's another step. 

Edited by CircleBox

• BoltBait unpinned this topic