BoltBait

Creative Text Pro v1.1 - By BoltBait and Welshblue - Updated February 16, 2020

Hi @BoltBait

After installing the plugin, I am getting this message when I am trying to use it:

Screenshot-5.jpg

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CreativeTextPro.dll
      Name: CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin
      Version: 1.0.7344.20057
      Author: Copyright ©2020 by BoltBait and Welshblue
      Copyright: 3D Metallic Text
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Drawing.Rectangle PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectEnvironmentParameters.get_SelectionBounds()'.
   at CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin.PreRender(Surface dst, Surface src)
   at CreativeTextProEffect.CreativeTextProEffectPlugin.OnSetRenderInfo(PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 71
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 264
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 454
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 410
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 356
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass41_3.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 941

This plugin requires Paint.NET v4.2.9 (or beyond) so you'll need to upgrade to the latest version before you can enjoy it.

Thanks you so much @BoltBait

I am having problem also downloading the new version of Paint.NET 4.2.9

I am getting this message,

Screenshot-4.jpg

I am using Window 7, and Microsoft .NET framework 4.7

What else I am missing please!

@yellowman, I'm not really sure that would be a question for @Rick Brewster.

First, I recommend upgrading to Windows 10 as Windows 7 is past it's expiration date.

Then, I recommend going here: https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html and clicking the link in the upper right corner to download the file manually.

This needs pinned...it is very 'Photoshop-ey'!  Can't wait to use it.

Thank you to everyone involved!  😁  <3

ctextpro_01.png

EDIT: added image

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi Boltbait & Welshblue

Firstly I am very grateful to both of you for the hard work in creating this excellent Plug-in.

However, I have received a scare message from Windows 10 upon trying to install, should I

just ignore the scary message and install?

Also Win10 is saying do I want to make changes to the "Command Line" is this normal?

Or could I just cut and Paste the DLL into the text folder??

Kindest regards

Roger the Dodger🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷Glug,glug,glug😜

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

could I just cut and Paste the DLL into the text folder?

Just install it by downloading the zip file to your desktop. Right-click on the zip file and click “Properties” then “unblock” the file and click the apply button. Unzip the zip file to your desktop and run the included install batch file. 

One more example; some 'lava' text.  'Lava' texture made by me in PDN.

I could play with this all day...:)

ctextpro_02.png

• Upvote 2

It was a pleasure doing my small bit on this. 

It was awesome watching the UI change as it did over such a short space of time ... very clever people, writing extremely wonderful  things.  Still sorcery in my mind 😁

I learnt a lot myself on this project, thanks for that @BoltBait  It's great to see it being put to such good use in varied ways.  

Thanks too to @Ego Eram Reputo for Planetoid that allowed me to create some of the textures ... it's under-rated in that score IMO

A few projects I did.  

3 different layers of Creative Text Pro on Normal mode and then Paint.net Blend Modes

Chrome.png

Creative Text Pro textures and Blend Modes

proper-steel-text.png

It also works great on dingbats.  4 Layers of different textures and Blend Modes.  Background Planetoid

Ornate.png

It's extremely crisp and clean if you work on larger images and plays very nicely with BoltBait's Inner Shadow and/or Bevel Selection

Larger images really brings out the texture clarity 

create.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, welshblue said:

It also works great on dingbats.

And other symbol fonts...I discovered that, too. :)

Beautiful examples above.

Thanks @Eli ... in the interests of transparency;  in the plugin the textures I contributed some are all Paint.net, some are sourced and some are a mixture of the both  

The biggest challenge was making them seamlessly tileable - but that's where one of the learning curves came in.  What will work - what won't

Thanks for the rep' and to @lynxster4 @Ego Eram Reputo @ReMake and @toe_head2001

Version 1.1 has been released!

New features:

• Reorganize the UI into 4 logical sections
  • Added lots of textures including Tiger, Zebra, Snake, etc. - Thanks to @welshblue
  • Added ability to zoom in and out from the textures
  • Added "soft light" algorithm (does not look good with Chrome, but it does with everything else)
  • Added ability to apply 3D textures to existing objects (instead of text) - Suggestion from @Ego Eram Reputo
  • Added "rules" to the UI--controls are disabled when they would not effect the current choices
  • Added more examples to the initial post

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

What a fantastic job you've done.  The ability to add textures to objects works brilliantly (thanks EER)  The clipboard zoom in/ out just adds a whole new world to explore .. and The 'soft' option is great 

From this as an object

CPT-necklace-silhouette.png

To this

Boltbait-bling.png

The clipboard modification yields great results

creative-text-pro.png

Thanks for  this, and folks if you haven't in the past, consider sending a donation if you're in a position to... I'm sure a small thanks would go a long way for the work BoltBait put in

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Oh...oh...oh...   fainting1.gif

Fantastic!  The option to use on an object makes everything available to use!  Everyone's shapes, any png on the internet, etc...

The zoom is great, too....I was going to ask for that option.  Some of my textures are large and I'd have to resize them (smaller).

Thank you @BoltBait <3  and @welshblue <3 !

Happy Belated Valentine's??  :D

ctextpro_03.png

• Like 1