How to Install Plugins ×

AI denoising filter

This is a noise reduction filter for improving photos taken at high ISO values. It is based on a neural network which was trained on a number of high ISO images from two different Canon cameras (because that is what I had available) but it seem to generalize well on photos from other cameras. It works quite well for removing noise and recovering details in my experiments so far.

Unfortunately it is really slow running on the CPU so I recommend trying it out on a smaller crop of the full image.

It is possible to make it run much faster on a Cuda capable Nvidia GPU but it can be a bit tricky to set it up. I will follow up with instructions later if anyone is interested.

Download version 1.0.0 (2020-02-09)

Link is here:  https://www.fosshub.com/Image-Analyzer-old.html?dwl=AIDenoisingFilterPDN1.0.0.zip

Unzip the file in the Paint.NET\Effects folder or Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects if PDN was installed from the Windows Store.

If you like this, please consider donating to the author at http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/support.htm

Example, ISO 1600 from Canon EOS 77D, 1:1 crop.

IMG_0160-1600.jpg.bef5535d5af4796338e59fef228992f0.jpgIMG_0160-1600Denoised.jpg.e6ba3f7ea2f4078708c72dfcd7dadcd2.jpg

• Like 4

Michael Vinther

• 2 years later...

Dear all,

the link does NOT work, i have trouble to download this plugin with MS Edge and Firefox, it shows an "Image Analyzer" download page from "meesoft" in fosshub.com.

Any way to fix ?

Kind regards,

Giulio

Edited by skyone