Recent Files List

While this is probably the wrong place, I'd like to hijack this thread based on your response for a feature request.

To add a mechanism to change the hardcoded "open recent" value to a user chosen number up to 50.

My normal photography workflow is to go through my days photos (hundreds), and pick out the ones I like, by drag & dropping into P.N. Usually will end up with around 20 to 80 photos. Then, after selection, I'll go through and edit one by one. Several (SEVERAL) times I've had my laptop spontaneously reboot with no control. This means I'd have to go through the laborious process of comparing images from the start.

I am not caring about restoring history/changes to files - I only want an easy way to re-open every image that was open when P.N was closed. (going through "Open Recent" is time consuming, and a single "open all" would be best, but this would still be easier than starting over)

Hey there @The_DMV, welcome to the forum :)

I've spilt this post into it's own thread, so @HyReZ' graphic no longer applies 👍

• 2 years later...

Kind of a necropost but this seems like the best place: I spent some time looking for a plugin that might have changed this but couldn't find one, and it doesn't appear to be in the settings. I noticed a patch note from an earlier build where Rick changed the value from 8 to 10 so it might be something outside of the reach of settings and plugins.

I'd like this feature as well. I had 30 and change files open when I left my desk this afternoon, I came back to a rebooted machine and I'd love to just roll back to battle with a list of all the (carefully and lovingly hand-saved) files I had open. However, I understand that it's a pain to modify the UI in this kind of fashion -- a really small percentage of users are going to want this, and adding a drag slider to support (n > 10) thumbnails to a drop down that didn't have one before probably isn't fun. If the plugin API had access to "reopen everything that was open the last time any file was opened" that'd be rad too.