Plugin to Make Something Gold in Paint.NET

Hi everyone.

I was searching for a plugin to make something (text and images) gold. However I could not find it. The only things I found were tutorials to achieve it.

I need to turn many materials to gold and silver that's why I'd love to know if there is a simple plugin that takes care of adding a gold/shine effect to something to make things easier.

In case this does not exist: Is there anyone on our forum that could create a simple plugin to do it?

Many Thanks

30 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I just added a golden hue to a grayscale trophy image with the 'Manual Color' plugin.

Trophy_and_Manual_Color.jpg

ColorInpainting.2010-02-21.zip

The link to this simple to use plugin from 2010 has not been repaired for a long time but it works.
After downloading the file, you need to add the .zip extension to the file in order to

open it and extract the PdnManualColorFilter.dll plugin and place it into the 

Programs>paint.net> Effects folder

Very interesting effect.

This is one of the images that I'm trying to change to gold.

Also, I need to turn it to" copper color" like it was a electronic circuit, but for me it's getting very difficult to create a realistic and shiny effect with my basic knowledge. That's also my reason for asking for a plugin.

I tryed to use the plugin you suggestd with this same image, but I don't get the "gold" you achieved. I believe if I turn this image to gray like your trophy, maybe I will see the effect, right? I tried with other gray images I have and it was fine. I see I can use it for another project I have.

I'm still looking for a more realistic and shiny gold effect for the image I uploaded here.

1-01.png

There are quite a few techniques to make something golden. Here's what I used to add some sparkle to your image:

1. Recolor to get a roughly golden hue.
  2. Bevel Object to give it some faux depth.
  3. Object bevel to add more glint.
  4. Duplicated the layer and set two different blend modes and opacity levels to generate the Golden vs Copper look.
  5. Added a thin drop shadow to complete the effect.

golenify.png

This tutorial is my favorite "golden" tut if you wanted something different - Make some gold text

• Like 1

@HyReZ, @Ego Eram Reputo and @welshblue...all beautiful examples of achieving 'a golden look' with different plugins.

And each one has it's own unique look!  :star:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

There are quite a few techniques to make something golden. Here's what I used to add some sparkle to your image:

1. Recolor to get a roughly golden hue.
  2. Bevel Object to give it some faux depth.
  3. Object bevel to add more glint.
  4. Duplicated the layer and set two different blend modes and opacity levels to generate the Golden vs Copper look.
  5. Added a thin drop shadow to complete the effect.

golenify.png

This tutorial is my favorite "golden" tut if you wanted something different - Make some gold text

Many Many thanks. Very helpful instructions you gave me. I learned a lot!

Now, for the copper color, the result I'm looking for is in the image above.

The gold needs to be a bit more realistic and more shiny.

If I could achieve the same result that are on the images I have attached then I'd be more than happy.

COPPER EXAMPLE.jpg

GOLD 1.jpg

GOLD 2.jpg

13 hours ago, welshblue said:

Texture Shader will also do a good job.  Find a gold texture you like - copy it to clipboard > Duplicate your image > Put one on a white background (as in Merged) Keep the duplicate as a mask. > Run Texture Shader > Clipboard Option > Pay with Clipboard size and lighting.  

gold-texture.png

Use the mask to get rid of the background

NB I forgot to check the AA option so the outer circles are a bit jaggy

Wow! That's so beautiful. It's almost what I'm looking for. I still need it to be more like the images I have attached to the above post.

I have downloaded the plugins for another project that I'll be doing later on.

It's really awesome!!!

What do you mean by the "AA option"?

8 hours ago, ROFERLI said:

Now, for the copper color, the result I'm looking for is in the image above.

I duplicated the golden layer and set the blend mode of the top layer to Multiply. Choose a lower Opacity setting for the layer to moderate the intensity of the effect.

• 2 weeks later...