alpha blur

I have the AlphaBlur.dll v1 on my computer and when I ran it today I got this error:

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\AlphaBlur.dll
      Effect Name: AlphaBlur.AlphaBlur
      Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnResources' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=4.209.7335.2867, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at AlphaBlur.AlphaBlur.OnCreateConfigUI(PropertyCollection props)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffectHandler`1.RelayCreateConfigUI(PropertyCollection props) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\PropertyBasedEffectHandler.cs:line 59
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffectHandler`1.RelayCreateConfigDialog() in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\PropertyBasedEffectHandler.cs:line 38
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 859

I then installed AlphaBlur.dll v2 from the plugin pack and restarted Paint.NET and got this same error!

My guess is that the Plugins are no longer compatible with the present iteration of Paint.NET
It would up to the author to update the plugin or if it is open source; for one of the forums coders to update it.

Edited by HyReZ

Hello @Gwyneth and Welcome to the forum :)

I'm not sure which Alpha Blur you are using @HyReZ but can you please post the error in the proper thread, as the author would want to know.

I have one by @Tanel which is working fine:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@HyReZ I'm confused - are you saying that Tanel's v2 is not working on Paint.net v4.2.9?

I am also using Paint.NET v4.2.9 and Tanel's AlphaBlur v2 is working fine for me.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

10 hours ago, Gwyneth said:

Can I download this on it's own or should I download the pack.

You have to download the zip compressed archive of plugins but you can pick out the AlphaBlur.dll to place in the paint.net>effects folder.

Edited by HyReZ

I never used it until today when it crash my system. I guess that I have been hoarding since 2009.
A purge is overdue. I have my FileTypes and Effects backup, so I just need to purge the folders on my computer for the new year.

Edited by HyReZ

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Just learning Paint.net for my business and am deperately wanting to understand how to get more choices of the Effects menu, as I only have the basics, mainly the Alpha blur. I downloaded Tanel's pack, but I have no idea how to open .dll files or how I can access them to use them on Paint.net.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

One thing I think is worth mentioning is that you don't really need to extract the ZIP file. Just open the ZIP file by left-clicking it like you would a normal folder, copy the DLL file, and paste it into the proper Effects directory. That's what I do, and it always works. Occasionally a plugin will require more than one DLL, but the idea is the same.