Crystal Ball Inversion Help Needed

cweber54

Hello, I'm just returning to PDN. Glad to be back! I need some help finding a good way to invert the ball in my crystal ball photos. This was one attempt but I;m sure there is a better way. If anyone can recommend a tutorial that will help that would be just great! As you know with crystal ball photos the image is upside down. It looks OK that way and you can invert the whole photo but sometimes it works better to just invert the ball. Again, thanks for all and any advice. I'm looking forward to it!

I didn't realize we can now attach a file to these posts! Hooray, this is awesome! The photobucket didn't seem to work anyway? The picture I was working on is attached. Looking forward to a great tutorial or plugin advice to get me reacquainted with PDN and to make my crystal ball pictures look much better! Can't wait, thanks so much!

Update: I seem to be having trouble with Photobucket. I can't upload the crystal ball photo. I was advised to use photobucket so I took photo off this post. Sorry I can't seem to be able to show it but I still would appreciate help with a clean way to invert the crystal ball in photos. Thanks!!

Try this Google Photo link and I think you'll be able to see the picture.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kz5bAxKs9gkMTzYw6

Edited by cweber54
Was advised to post photo as a URL
cweber54logo3NeonMushrooms.jpg

2 hours ago, cweber54 said:

I didn't realize we can now attach a file to these posts! Hooray, this is awesome! 

Don't get too excited. There is limited space per user ;) You are much better to upload your images to an image hosting site and post the URL here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Don't get too excited. There is limited space per user ;) You are much better to upload your images to an image hosting site and post the URL here.

I learned this the hard way. I could upload .dll in case I decide to convert my filter if I could delete files.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

On 1/30/2020 at 9:01 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Thanks for the info. I'm having trouble with Photobucket right now, not able to upload pictures for some reason. I used a link from Google Photos and added it to my post. That seems to work fine so I'll stick with that. Still hope someone offers a few ideas regarding making a clean invert with the crystal ball. I have most figured out but I want to clean up the edges of the ball. Hoping for a little tutorial help. Thanks again for your reply! 

Edited by cweber54

On 2/1/2020 at 10:30 AM, welshblue said:

you'll get a better finish if you copy the object and paste into another layer rather than cut and paste.  This way if you run AA - Assistant or Feather to smooth the edge there won't be a gap between two layers

invert.png

Steps taken:  Drew around the object with the Ellipse Select Tool > Copied > Pasted into a new layer > Ran Flip Vertical (in BoltBait's pack above) > Ran AA - Assistant > Added a white blur on a new layer to simulate light

Thanks a million welshblue, this is exactly what I needed. I'll get it done for sure. This is great, Thanks! I tried it and everything worked just great. I didn't get the adding of the white blur so if you can walk me through that step I would appreciate it. Everything else came back to me so great. Really appreciate your help. I'm getting the hang of it https://photos.app.goo.gl/KHyemg1sbJtKDM3v5

Edited by cweber54