Enlarging a jpg image

Hello @highstream Welcome to the forum :)

Using the Magic Wand tool - set the tolerance to 15 and select the white area around your pic.

Invert the selection and copy.

Add new layer and paste image. Do not deselect.

Holding the shift button, move the bottom right nub of the selection to the bottom right corner of the canvas and you will enlarge the image while maintaining aspect ratio.

Hope this helps.

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Maybe I've misunderstood the problem but I'm not sure why the OP used an online converter.

With Adobe Reader (Free) you can extract any image yourself - right click and use Select Tool, then outline the image area you want and use the Copy option to copy it to you clipboard. You can then open it in PDN and save the image in whatever format you want.

With Sumatra PDF, which can be downloaded as both an install-able or a portable versions, it is even simpler. Just right click on the image and you'll get a copy option which again copies to the clipboard which can be used in the same way.  

IHaveNoName.png

If you attempted to use the free Adobe Acrobat DC and the great solution submitted by IHaveNoName, you should use the 'new' image option rather that the 'add a new layer'.  When you use the New image option in Paint.NET, you create a 'new' work space of the dimensions of the copied image, which you now should pasted into.

Edited by HyReZ

4 hours ago, HyReZ said:

If you attempted to use the free Adobe Acrobat DC and the great solution submitted by IHaveNoName, you should use the 'new' image option rather that the 'add a new layer'.  When you use the New image option in Paint.NET, you create a 'new' work space of the dimensions of the copied image, which you now should pasted into.

I don't use Acrobat and I'm not sure where it fits in this. I will go back and try IHaveNoName's steps again tomorrow. Thanks,

Edited by highstream

41 minutes ago, highstream said:

I don't use Acrobat and I'm not sure where it fits in this.

You are aware that a PDF is an Adobe Acrobat document file?

PDF stands for Portable Document Format that was developed by Adobe in the 1990's.
IHaveNoName mentioned using Adobe Acrobat Reader as part of his above comment.
Since you are trying to copy an image from an Adobe PDF file, I thought that using a free version Adobe Acrobat DC Reader and explaining how to us it to bringing  to the clipboard so that us the steps I provided to use it in Paint.NET would be useful for you. 

Edited by HyReZ

12 hours ago, highstream said:

I have a "full page" pdf that when converted online to a jpg comes out as only using part of the page, something I hadn't come across before. I would like to make the jpg full page size.  Any ideas how to do this, if it can be? Thanks,

1880651215_KissMeKateladyimage.thumb.jpg.a3e599fa9bcd218c1c9ae2df9f3fe024.jpg

The easiest way would be to use the selection tool, rectangle select, and draw a box around the image you have.  Then use the crop tool.

• Like 1

Can you view/see the complete portion of what you want on your computers screen? (use ctrl + or -). Use/hit 'Print-Scrn', in PNet, 'paste', tool = rectangular select, copy, new, paste, save as "", walla!

I save lots of 'cartoons' & many do not allow 'save image as', sooo, print scrn, (I have pdn arise from the depths with 'on my computer' = F8), paste etc, etc, , ,

'Where's my plinth?'