What plugin did I use to create this?? :/

I created this image via Paint.net many many years ago to use as my logo but I forgot to keep a copy of the background of it and it's limiting what I can do with my logo.

STARSIXLogo2K12NeonGreenPolygonBG.jpg

I know the plugin I was using to create the bg made a grid and then had a thing to warp it and I messed with it till I got that, can anyone tell me what plugin I used to make that bg?? :/ I need to recreate it so that I can use my logo for custom merch :/ (Only the bg, not the logo on top)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 12:15 PM, welshblue said:

I really need to get a life... this has been bugging me all day.

Like @Pixey I was thinking. Cobweb ... but then you need a starting image to run it on

Random Lines  is the only one I can think of to get something like the example 

But then your forefront lines have got edges to close it in to make a square 😐

@XERQ GRANITE are you definitely sure you only used one plugin ?

Ya, it had sliders to choose how many lines I wanted and stuff and a rotate thing and I was able to warp it, all in one plugin :/

13 hours ago, XERQ GRANITE said:

Ya, it had sliders to choose how many lines I wanted and stuff and a rotate thing and I was able to warp it, all in one plugin

Could it have been this one?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

I still have a feeling it must be something in @Red ochre's plugins.  How about this:

It wasn't Helix, but that feels a little closer to what I used, it doesn't have the rotation and it doesn't make the grid pattern over the whole image like wat I used :/ Another option instead of finding what I used is just to find someone who's really good at this kinda stuff to recreate it for me :/ I just want it to match wat I already made but without the logo in the center :/ Idk where I'd find such an artist who could reconstruct it for me though :/

Careful. We are not here to do your work for you. We will teach you how to use Paint.NET. But, asking for someone to do your work for you (even if paid) is strictly against forum policy. 

There is a link to the forum rules near the top of every page. I recommend you read them. 

4 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Careful. We are not here to do your work for you. We will teach you how to use Paint.NET. But, asking for someone to do your work for you (even if paid) is strictly against forum policy. 

There is a link to the forum rules near the top of every page. I recommend you read them. 

My bad, I was just saying that would be another option, y'know?? :/ I wasn't aware that was against the rules :/

Yep - I agree @Red ochre It fits all the boxes that @XERQ GRANITE ticked off, with the square boxes in the Plugin being the Rotation feature.

Helix-2.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Adding a save option to a default U.I. effect means rewriting it - a ton of extra work for a very minor benefit.
Only a few plug-ins have this option (including my 'Scribble'...Null54 did the difficult bits!). Personally I never use the option and I don't think newer users would either... or would forget to save or where they saved it!

An ability to record and save effects and adjustments used, with settings used in 'history' order, would be extremely useful.
I suspect this could be done via a plugin but is way beyond me.

The ideal solution would be for Rick to create an option to save the history (including effect & adjustment settings) along with the Pdn file. Sadly, I very much doubt he would have the time even if he approves of the idea.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

What I do when I use an effect and get a result with settings that I would like to repeat later:

1) After saving I undo the effect
2) Go back a re-select the effect (do not use Repeat or Ctrl + f)
3) After the effect is re-selected I do a Print Screen (to capture the screen with the effect settings displayed)

4) Give the screen capture a meaningful name and save it
5) You can re-apply the effect if you have more work to do on the project or just cancel if you are done

2 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Adding a save option to a default U.I. effect means rewriting it -

Not so fast my friend. I added a Save option to Planetoid quite simply by serializing a set of tokens. I can show you some (surprisingly short) code if you're interested.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I can show you some (surprisingly short) code if you're interested.

A kind and well meant offer but it does not solve the problem of people forgetting the settings of, often a succession, of effects.

Personally I don't find this a great problem but if it needs solving then a 'global' solution seems best.
What about the 99% of effects without a save settings option?

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

6 hours ago, Red ochre said:

What about the 99% of effects without a save settings option?

Been thinking about that. I wonder if I could tempt @BoltBaitand @toe_head2001 to install a  Load/Save option in Codelab?