Flip a Selection?

Just wondering if it is possible to select a part of an image and then flip it, either horizontally or vertically, on the same layer?

I've been copying the item I want to flip to a temporary layer, then flipping the layer, re-selecting the item and copying it back to my original layer, and then deleting the temporary layer.

Is there an easier way?

53 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

There are two items directly in the Effects menu:

- Flip Horizantal

- Flip Vertical

Those flip the whole layer. Many times, I just want to flip a single piece of an image. Right now I am using the method I described above: I select the item, copy it to a temporary layer, then use either Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical to get the orientation I want, then copy it back to the original  layer and erase my temporary layer.

Edited by Marilynx
typo

5 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Unless you have an active selection.

Unless something has changed, it still flips the whole layer, even with active selection.

(Verifying). Yup, even with an active selection, it flips the whole layer.

Edited by Marilynx

4 minutes ago, Marilynx said:

Yup, even with an active selection, it flips the whole layer.

You must be using the ones in the Layers menu; rather than the ones in the Effects menu.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

22 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

You must be using the ones in the Layers menu; rather than the ones in the Effects menu.

Yes, I was. Which was why I asked where Boltbait's version was. I do note that you can't use selecting only the item and then flip it. You have to have an area around the item selected, also.