Background Eraser Tool Request

ToxiicRaiinTV

I have looked everywhere for a plugin on Paint.NET that allows me to use a background eraser tool like the one in Photoshop and have had no luck at all. This seems like something that would already exist and be extremely popular but, apparently I thought wrong. I would highly appreciate if anybody that knows how to do this kind of thing could do it. This would really save me time in the long run of things.

1 hour ago, ToxiicRaiinTV said:

I have looked everywhere for a plugin on Paint.NET that allows me to use a background eraser tool like the one in Photoshop and have had no luck at all. This seems like something that would already exist and be extremely popular but, apparently I thought wrong. I would highly appreciate if anybody that knows how to do this kind of thing could do it. This would really save me time in the long run of things.

If you are talking about Photoshop's Quick Select tool, PDN doesn't have it.  However, I do have a video tutorial of how you could get around PDN's limitation.

10 hours ago, welshblue said:

Two different things 😉

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/background-eraser/

One of the very few things I miss about using PS

IIRC, I think that is similar to Affinity, and I did download to try the trial period, but I just can't get into it.  PDN is like my well worn jean, comfortable to use, and I can't get rid of PDN.