shapes (almost) gone from tools window [SOLVED]

I'm using 4.2.8 on Windows 7 and I just noticed that shapes is gone from the tool window. If I carefully hover very close to the bottom edge of the window, I can select shapes so I think it's just a window sizing issue. My window size is 1920x1080.

sjJoCW.png

Edited by toe_head2001
Replaced thumbnail image with full image

Try clicking the hammer (Tool) icon :SettingsTools16: while holding down Ctrl + Shift. This resets the Tools window location and it's position. Ctrl + Shift + F5 also works,

REF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ToolsWindow.html#3

Hello, @godparameter, it appears you're using 125% scaling in Windows.

I tried this on a Windows 7 installation. With 125% scaling, the issue is not reproducible. So, there must be more to it than just the scaling.

What else can you tell us about your system?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

12 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Try clicking the hammer (Tool) icon :SettingsTools16: while holding down Ctrl + Shift. This resets the Tools window location and it's position. Ctrl + Shift + F5 also works,

REF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ToolsWindow.html#3

I should have said, this didn't help. I wasn't sure what "reset" meant, but repeatedly closing the window and opening it with the button, Ctrl + Shift + F5, Ctrl + Shift + Click, didn't make any difference in the window (it looks as above). 

Also, I cannot seem to resize the window. I thought I might have done so by accident, but I cannot get the cursor to change to the resize cursor.

Also, I use PDN in full screen mode but using it in a floating window didn't make any difference.

I guess I could restart PDN. I have a bunch of images open...

11 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Hello, @godparameter, it appears you're using 125% scaling in Windows.

I tried this on a Windows 7 installation. With 125% scaling, the issue is not reproducible. So, there must be more to it than just the scaling.

What else can you tell us about system?

This is true that I'm using 125% scaling but this change to the tools window is more recent. My guess would be when 4.2.8 or perhaps the previous version was released. 

I'm not sure what else I can say about my system, but w'll all be saying goodbye to Windows 7 pretty soon. Maybe this isn't a big deal if it only affects some W7 users.

Edited by godparameter
I misread the note I was replying to; this is a proper response.

• godparameter changed the title to shapes (almost) gone from tools window [SOLVED]