Square Brush?

I realize that it may be some time before traditional brushes are incorporated into Paint.net.

How about a square brush to compliment the existing round one while we wait for the real thing? Would that be a lot of trouble?

Ole Joe

7 minutes ago, oldjoe said:

Would that be a lot of trouble?

I believe the current plan for Paint.NET v4.3.x is to completely revamp the Brush Tool for generic brush support.

So, why spend the time adding a Square brush, when much of that work will be thrown out when the Brush Tool is revamped?

For the time being, just use a plugin:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110673-brush-factory-v18-dec-10th-2018/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, toe_head2001 said:

I believe the current plan for Paint.NET v4.3.x is to completely revamp the Brush Tool for generic brush support.

So, why spend the time adding a Square brush, when much of that work will be thrown out when the Brush Tool is revamped?

For the time being, just use a plugin:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110673-brush-factory-v18-dec-10th-2018/

I use paint.net and krita (for brushes) for my artwrok. Paint.net is simple and krita is needlessly complicated. When PN has brushes it will be perfect. I hope it is soon.

The link posted takes you to a pretty cool brush tool. Give it a go. You might be impressed.