Sign in to follow this  
Alem

Free Paint.NET Downloads?

Hi hope you're doing fine. I've tried to download paint.Net but it keep on saying I need to buy the code. As far as I know it's free. Could you please so kind advising me if I have to pay for paint.NET. I've got Windows 10, whenever I tried to download it says I need to buy the code to unlock from WinZip.

Thank you

Kind regards

Alem   

WinZip is not required for Paint.NET.

If the Corel Corporation (the current owner of WinZip) is asking you to buy WinZip, that's between you and them.

I suggest you uninstall WinZip from your computer, but that's just my opinion; do what you want.

• Like 1

@Alem
Windows can both create and open compressed archives in the .zip format on its own.

If you feel that you must have an external file compressor/de-compressor, you might try 7-Zip or PeaZip, both are free.

BTW:

Zip and unzip files as it applies to: Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information
  • Like 1

Sounds to me a if the OP is either using the Windows Store or has downloaded from a dodgy site littered with other install buttons for PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and has accidentally installed WinZip or, more likely, some other totally unnecessary unzipping tool or download 'manager' which is now trying to tap him for money.

Definitely uninstall (using Revo) whatever it is.

I'm with HyReZ on this: use 7Zip or PeaZip, the former by preference; it will unzip almost anything and compress almost anything except to RAR. Like most other similar programs 7Zip will open RARs no problem but WinRAR is the only (legal) software that can archive in the RAR format and as such is really the only archiver tool that you should consider paying for. 

• Like 1

I use that too. I've had a few email exchanges with Klocman its creator - friendly, helpful guy and the uninstaller works well so I usually suggest either that or Revo when these sorts of matters are discussed.

BTW Happy Christmas and happy new year everyone here.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

BTW Happy Christmas and happy new year everyone here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too! 🎄

• Like 1