New User questions

donnyork

This is a very actively followed posting, it seems, so could any of  ye who pass by to throw me a crumb of better understanding of this website? I've signed up, but why are the interfaces within usually leaving me confused?  Can you provide me a New Users' instructional page? The conflation of "getpaint.net" with "paint.net" is what's got me stumped.  Is it possible for a new-comer to understand you guys?

10 minutes ago, donnyork said:

why are the interfaces within usually leaving me confused?

You tell us. What's confusing about them?

Can you provide me a New Users' instructional page?

The Paint.NET user manual can be found here:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/

The conflation of "getpaint.net" with "paint.net" is what's got me stumped.

The paint.net domain is owned by Warren Paint & Color Co. , and are unwilling to sell it.

Is it possible for a new-comer to understand you guys?

That's up to you. We won't stop you. :)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Just minor criticism but I understand a bit where the OP is coming from - I've always found it odd that at the top of every forum page or at least the forum home page there is not a more clearly indicated link to the main Paint.Net web site (https://www.getpaint.net/)

I know there is the link in the Forum > Information topics on the forum home page (3rd one down: Official Paint.NET website) but that is not where you'd normally look first as a noob is it? You'd expect there to be a simple Download link in the paint.net header on every forum page. Not just for the main program either but also the plugins index with direct downloads not redirection to forum threads with links to the plugins contained, somewhere, amongst the posts.

That would mean anyone doing a search using Google or whatever who was directed to a forum topic (more likely than being directed to the home page) would have a direct link to the PDN downloads and plugins from that page. It is surely a sensible marketing strategy for bringing in more users.

A tutorial menu link on every forum page header would also be a good idea too.

IHaveNoName.png