System.AccessViolationException

Alice

I have a similar error upon startup with a long-installed version of paint.net that was previously working on a machine running Win 7 64 bit. It was installed on two drives, and now has the same error when run on both. I tried reinstalling, which did not work, and I tried repairing the existing installation, which also did not work.

I attempted to past the error image into this chat, but I could not see how to do that without providing a URL. Says: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.  at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.Direct2D1D2DFactory.CreateBitmapRenderTarget(IBitmap target, RenderTargetProperties renderTargetProperties) at PaintDotNet.Direct2D1.Proxies.Direct2DFactory1Proxy.CreateBitmapRenderTarget(IBitmap target, RenderTargetProperties renderTargetProps) in D (etc....)

Any help would be much appreciated as I love this program and wish to keep using it. 

Hello @Alice in order to post the complete error message into a post, click on the 'eye' in the toolbar and then insert the text into the box, which will look like this:

Spoiler

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.