welshblue

Animal Print Text

PDF Version In Memory of @Woodsy who did all the boring stuff for me. 

And thanks to @Ego Eram Reputo for showing me the way to do it

animal-print-header.png

Some seamless textures come in 400 x 400 or 600 x 600 ... this tutorial shows how to use them for the best outcome.
Larger textures don't always have the best results for text, so this tutorial also works on them ... just resize using the Clipboard Size slider

Clipboard (Tlied) Clipboard (Alternatively Tiled) is a good way of disguising any seams by tiling the texture
Real animal prints also work, maybe not as well as vector style, but good enough to be passable.

***You may have to adjust the Directional Light Intensity and Specularity sliders ever so slightly to lighten a dark texure**

PlugIns Needed:

Splinter  Alpha Mask  Switch Alpha to Gray  Texture Shader   Trail Blur

< Trail Blur is optional.  You could use Motion Blur instead, but I like the effect of Trail Blur more>

Font Used

Nature Beauty  

The Tutorial

Spoiler

Animal-Print-1.png

Animal-Print-2.png

Animal-Print-3.png

Animal-Print-4.png

Animal-Print-5.png

Animal-Print-6.png

Copy this texture to Clipboard

Zebra-Tut-Pattern.png

Effects >>> Height Maps >>> Texture Shader

Animal-Print-7.png

Animal-Print-8.png

Animal-Print-9.png

A drop shadow is OK, but I like the effect a moving shadow gives on the text.  More fluid

Animal-Print-10.png

Finished

Animal-Print-Tutorial-Finished.png

----------------------------------------------------------------

More Examples

Cheetah.png

Giraffe.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eli said:

A really wild effect.

I like what you did there 😉😁  Thanks Eli

3 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

You are amazing @welshblue...where does all this come from?

When I tell my wife that she just rolls her eyes ... I've proof to show her now 👍 😂 ... but thanks

As to where it comes from ?  I've given up trying trying to work out my head ... it does what it wants to do

... but being serious for once,  it sort of just happens from a light bulb moment of needing a certain effect.   I think it's because a chainsaw used to be an extension of my arms, I'm substituting the loss of that with  Paint.net and it's plugins.  As a tut' writer yourself, you know the initial thought can result in hours of experiments before publishing for the best result

Thanks for the thumbs up @ReMake and @toe_head2001

Edited by welshblue

Here's mine...

animalprinttext_01.png

11 hours ago, welshblue said:

it sort of just happens from a light bulb moment of needing a certain effect.   I think it's because a chainsaw used to be an extension of my arms, I'm substituting the loss of that with  Paint.net and it's plugins.  As a tut' writer yourself, you know the initial thought can result in hours of experiments before publishing for the best result

Def know what you mean. Most of mine are 'happy PDN accidents', then the 'light bulb' moment when I say to myself....Ahhhh, I can use this to make this... 😜

• Like 5

@Seerose ... three lovely images.  The peacock one for it's shimmer, great pattern choice ... but the snake one WOW - the glow on the shadow is fantastic

@lynxster4 ... again 2 lovely images.  Love the pattern on the first and great job of getting the fluffiness on the lynx.  That is very visually appealing

@Pixey ... third times a charm ... lovely.  Great pattern, reminds me of a cat around here.  Most beautiful cat I've ever seen ... and she knows it the way she struts 😉

@HyReZ ... seems weird saying lovely to a man ... great font choice for the texture, it really 'fits' it.

Always great to see how people run with a tutorial.  Own spins on it etc ( A couple would be interesting to see if the Directional Lighting was increased slightly)

Thanks for the 👍 @MJW ... this only happened because of you 

It also works on silhouettes/ shapes

tiger-silhouette.png

*** Updated the PDF link to make it easier to download.  Thanks for the heads up EER

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@AndrewDavid ... any problems are my making not EER's 😉

I've changed the link ... it's now hosted with MediaFire

Edited by welshblue

2 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

I was only CC'ing to ERR - not pointing fingers. 

That I know mate.  It's not the first PDF link I've had trouble with ... mainly down to my stupidity.

I've changed it to MediaFire now for future download