Paint.Net and .Net Core

Malix0

3 minutes ago, Malix0 said:

Is there a plan or possibility to port Paint.Net to .Net Core ...

Yes.

https://blog.getpaint.net/2018/12/26/whats-next-for-paint-net-in-2019/

3 minutes ago, Malix0 said:

... so porting to other platforms than windows may be possible?

No.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, Malix0 said:

No, because UI uses WinForms and WPF, but a cross platform solution exist outside microsoft control, it's Avalonia https://avaloniaui.net/

Yes, but Paint.NET doesn't use Avalonia, so that's sadly irrelevant and a moot point.

Cross-platform support isn't on the list of priorities, and changing every single Control and Form (plus associated logic) to different UI toolkit would be a colossal amount of work.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

If Paint.NET isn't a option for cross-platform in the near future, the closest alternative would be Photoflare literally in functionality. G'MIC is there, and you would at least need to try to develop filters that resembles the ones that are found in here to make it a viable alternative. I have been developing G'MIC filter that resembles some plugins found in here, and extended them. Photoflare also support G'MIC, so that makes it a possible alternative for Mac and Linux user. Either that or you have to use GIMP or Krita instead if you don't have Windows and can't use Windows legally or refuse to use Windows (I could understand why).

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer