Cannot Install Paint.NET After Replacing Dying HDD

Hi, my hard drive nearly died recently and some of my data was a little bit corrupted, but most of it was okay. I suppose Paint.NET was not okay however. I copied over all of the data from my old drive to my new one, but the program wouldn't load. I tried to uninstall it, but it seems that some files from the uninstaller were broken and so I couldn't. I tried deleting the files, but Windows still recognizes the program as installed so when I try to run a fresh download of the installer it attempts to run the uninstaller and can't. I get the same result as before I deleted the files. They are still in my recycle bin so I can put them back if necessary. Most of my data was completely untouched after Windows restored the drive, but I guess some stuff that was in the bad sector couldn't be recovered. Up until trying to use this program the only data I had seen showing any issues were for a game I stopped playing and some leftover data from one I uninstalled so I figured it was no big deal. If I can't install or uninstall this program however, that is a big deal.It's not like I can even just reformat my operating system to fix this. I would lose too much in the process. Is there anything I can do?

Hello @livipup Welcome to the forum :)

This tool is good for getting rid of 'bits'.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.