Multiple Clipboard - Feature Request

As a G'MIC filters developer, I find it difficult to develop gmic filters that takes into account of 3 or more images without some workaround inside pdn, and this is a feature request aimed to get around this problem. I would like to add picture(s) into clipboard. This can also open up to new avenues for developing c# pdn filter as well.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

11 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This doesn't really work as a workaround. I tested it, and G'MIC code filter with display debug shows at most [1] which means 2 images. Which brings me to a question to @Rick Brewster.

Can the clipboard history be accessible?

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

The Clipboard is a very difficult beast to tame. I suspect the amount of work required would outweigh the benefits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Sorry, I'm not adding this

Ok, so just one more thing, is there any plan to allow Paint.NET plugin to utilize more than clipboard and the current layer it's on without resorting to folder import or file import? Smudge for example is a plugin that benefits from this plan as you would be able to preview the end result or even smudge through multiple layer, and render the result from there.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

7 hours ago, G'MIC said:

Why isn't it possible to do like in GIMP and Krita, and be able to pass multiple layers to the G'MIC plug-in ?

It is a limitation of Paint.NET's Effect plugin API.

Effects can only see the currently active layer, and cannot create new layers or images.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait