Critical error during installation (1603)

HI I have problem updating Paint.net. During installation all files are copied to C:\Program Files\paint.net but before finish progressbar starts going backwards, files are removed and I get message: Critical error during installation (1603), in Windows EventLog there is additionally:

Product: paint.net -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action _577D73A5_8502_4A32_A3DC_26C3DEF80357, location: C:\Program Files\paint.net\SetupNgen.exe, command: /install DESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 PDNUPDATING=0 SKIPCLEANUP=0 "PROGRAMSGROUP=" QUEUENGEN=1 

It's probably some permission problem, how can I find more detailed information on what is failing during installation?

Hello @waldekb and Welcome to Paint.net :)

Can you read through this thread to see if this is what is happening to you:

You can try the suggestions given to @Helmut.  If not, please post again.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.