Sign in to follow this  
Xhin

Invert Anything

Adjustments > Invert Anything

This plugin allows you to invert a pretty wide variety of things all in one plugin.

I'm 99% sure most of this exists elsewhere, but there are a couple things that don't exist yet.

trU32i5.png

• Red/Green/Blue -- inverts the red, blue and/or green channels. Will essentially turn yellow into blue, red into cyan, and so on.
  • Hue/Saturation/Value  Inverts the hue, saturation or value.
  • Alpha -- Inverts the alpha channel -- transparent pixels will become more opaque, and vice-versa. Fully transparent pixels will apparently turn black.

Contrast

This feature came from a different plugin I'm working on. Essentially you're inverting things on either side of the median. If you're doing this with red contrast+green contrast+blue contrast on something colorful, for example, you'll get an image that's significantly more gray. Something with more washed-out colors will become more colorful. Essentially you're pulling the colors further away from the median towards the median (making them gray) and vice-versa.

Other effects work much the same way, except instead of the median being gray it'll be whatever the median value for that setting is -- hue contrast for example will pull things closer or further away from cyan because that's the median hue.

Plugin Examples

This plugin offers a large amount of options, so rather than show them all I'll show each individual setting and a few interesting combinations all in one image.

qjiLra2.png

First, here's a source image. This cat is pretty useful for testing color/adjustment plugins -- lots of different colors, a good bit of white and black as well.

CpwnxEF.png

Here are some different settings. The "Everything" means "everything but alpha + alpha contrast".

Download Link

https://github.com/Xhin23/Paint.net-Plugins/blob/master/Invert_Anything.dll

• Like 4

Nice. Would it make more sense to have a drop down list? It would shorten the UI quite a bit and also allow you to add more options if they come along.

The problem with having a drop-down list is that would require 87,178,291,200 (14 factorial) options with the current iteration of the plugin because you can mix and match all of these effects.