Sign in to follow this  
Elvis Hbpbgrtnk

Frames twice

I would say you've installed the single Frame .dll and also used Madjik's installer to install the plugin too,  therefore duplicating the effect ?

(I've a few duplicated after doing that)

frames.png

Not sure how you'd delete the extra .dll because I can't as there's only 1 .dll for Frames in the Effects folder 🤨 

frames-2.png

But it's only duplicated in the Classic Version not the Store

Edited by welshblue

It not super big deal. If there is easy way to cleanings it up I doings it. If not life go on...

I probably dids that and installinged it both ways. I wented crazy first getting plugin packs and then spent long time grabbing every plugin on list still working.

It tooked long time but it worth it! Now I doing everything with pictures and it easy! I tellings it what I want, play with controls and it happen!

Edited by Elvis Hbpbgrtnk

7 hours ago, Elvis Hbpbgrtnk said:

If there is easy way to cleanings it up I doings it

If you're using the Classic Version (free)  delete the Frames .dll in the Effects folder.  Only one will show then

Good to hear you're enjoying Paint.net

You can hover over the plugin in the menu and it will show you the name of the DLL. This make it a little easier to track down the source of the double entry.

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You can hover over the plugin in the menu and it will show you the name of the DLL

I'm only talking about the Classic version here ... In my case they're both identical. 

Two show in the menus despite only one .dll being in the Effects folder.  It only happens with plugins with installers

Using Frames above as an example, deleting the Frames .dll stopped duplication in the Classic and kept Frames in the Render submenu ... but obviously not in the Store version.

I've lived with it since having the Store App and for me it's no big deal as I only use the Classic to check for bugs when there's a new Beta

My folders are set up for the Store version, so I guess that's the problem ?

Sorry, I away for days. I is away from home and small town internet terribull! Internet was waste of time all weekend so I doinged other things.

OK. I lookinged and both DLL the sames. I hovered and they same.

Last thing: I likings this forum. Many forum full of poison bad evil places. This one have lots of goodness!