How to Install Plugins ×

Ed Harvey Effects v3.36

Ed Harvey

The download link is not working anymore :((

How can i get the effects pack ??

Btw i'm new here :D

Try again later. It worked for me right now. Maybe a bit or a byte got stuck along the way. :lol:

And welcome to the forum. :D

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Yup, the server's currently down for maintenance (or there's smoke coming out - not sure which yet :shock: )

In the meantime, I'll attach it here...

Edit: Looks like everything is OK again, original link should work....

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

Your server has paranoia now, here's the message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /edfects/downloads/EdHarvey-Effects-20080826.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.komplex.com.au Port 80

CjW

Edit by Rick: Sorry, no flashy animations in avatars or signatures.

Your server has paranoia now

Paranoia?

Nope, he just didn't like the look of you ("sorry guv... can't let you in... more than my job's worth..." )

Or perhaps he just has an irrational fear of tuxedos?

Anyhow, I just checked and the new gate-keeper has come on duty so you should be OK now :)

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

• 2 weeks later...

The color balance tool would be FAR more useful if it rotated the hue 180 degrees from the given color automatically.

For example, take these two product images:

before_white.jpg

before_blue.jpg

The second image, while it happens to match the background of this forum pretty well, looks pretty bad on a white-background website. To get all of the products to match, I'd like to white balance the blue tinted image. Your tool is extremely helpful! But it has one horribly annoying issue, which I shall explain.

Now, to white balance, I use the dropper to select a color from the background that should be white. With that color selected, I go to your color balance tool, and then click the selected color (from the top left by default), and click Ok. Done, right! Noooo!

after_bad.jpg

But... maybe it's just gray? I'll adjust the brightness and contrast (in this case, by 7 each)...

after_bad2.jpg

No dice. The color is simply not balanced. In fact, it was shifted farther in the blue direction. The problem is that the White Balance tool is adjusting, by default, in the wrong direction. It should be adjusting in the OPPOSITE direction of the selected color, in order to shift that color to white.

We can do it ourselves, by adding or subtracting 180 from the hue control in the white-balance utility. Using the same selected color, but subtracting 180 from the hue (going from 206 to 26 in my example), and click ok with no other adjustment, we get this:

after_good.jpg

Still gray, but it's GRAY. The blue tint has been removed. We can see this when we do the same brightness and contrast adjustment as before:

after_good2.jpg

before_white.jpg

So my recommendation: Please rotate the hue by 180 automatically. There is little to no purpose in adjusting an image farther away from white... which is what this utility currently does by default. A simple change would make it far more useful, especially for people who are kind of hazy on how to adjust white balance manually.

Unless Ed deems otherwise, and without 'hacking' the DLL, you can't. Sorry.

Although, you should consider keeping all the other effects from Ed, simply because they are awesome. Also, beside the point of awesomeness, you never know when you might need another effect that he just so happen to have created.

Unless Ed deems otherwise, and without 'hacking' the DLL, you can't. Sorry.

Although, you should consider keeping all the other effects from Ed, simply because they are awesome. Also, beside the point of awesomeness, you never know when you might need another effect that he just so happen to have created.

Please don't yell at me :) I've been lurking since last year off and on and love all the plugins & tutorials!

Maybe this is addressed somewhere else or maybe it's just me, I installed this pack fine was only wondering why there aren't any little thumbnails for the effects in the menu?

swallow1_white_small_Etta.jpg

Please don't yell at me :) I've been lurking since last year off and on and love all the plugins & tutorials!

Maybe this is addressed somewhere else or maybe it's just me, I installed this pack fine was only wondering why there aren't any little thumbnails for the effects in the menu?

swallow1_white_small_Etta.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally. I have been lookimng everwhere for the dents and I found them, not just them but the best plugins out there. Your work is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else not getting the Polar Inversion Plus effect?

EDIT: By that I mean not having the effect even though all the others are fine.

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!